chas48

Tacky Devcon

You not may have mixed it thoroughly, especially if you added denatured alcohol to thin it.

You have to have both components completely mixed first, before you thin it, or the alcohol will bond one of the unmixed parts, and it will never set hard.

I made that mistake when I used D2T to seal a POP mold.  Fortunately, a well mixed second coat hardened it right up.

Yep a second coat that is properly measured and mixed will fix the problem, which was caused by a failure to either measure or mix correctly.  For fail-safe epoxy, use a set of syringes to measure out the resin and hardener, then mix the crap out of it in a container that doesn't allow any of the components to hide from the mixing process.  Epoxy cures as it combines at the molecular level so thorough mixing is critical to get all those little molecules working together.

If Devcon isn't dry to the touch after 12 hrs. it is never going to be no matter what you do to it. I have had a couple of bad tubes of Devcon in my time, but it is very very rare. More than likely it just wasn't mixed right. Done that too.

Skeeter