Jighead61

Eagle Claw 730Bp?

Get the L786 BP, this is the Eagle Claw version of the Mustad 32786. I will tell you that I've used both and I prefer the EC 786BP, it is strong and it is super sharp and you can't beat the price. I got the 2798 60 degree flat eye to try and I was really happy with the results and then a tried the 111BP and I was sold and now that is the majority of what I use, the only high end hooks I use now are the Owner 5304 Deep Throat jig hooks, and the Owner 5313 short shank 90 degree jig hook, other than those the rest have been replaced by EC black platinum series. I need to correct that, I still use the Mustad 32786 in a 1/0 because I can't get the EC 786BP in anything smaller than a 2/0 but beside those hooks. I know there is a 730BP but the 786BP is better just because it is a lazer sharp model and they are wicked sharp and wicked strong, very good hooks that you should try, I think you'll be happy.

• Like 1

Smalljaw,

Where can I find the 786BP hooks?  I can't find them on the Eagle Claw webpage.

Captain Hooks has them as well as Barlows, check both as Barlows sells in smaller quantities and is often less expensive depending on the hook. Also check out Lure Parts Online as they have begun to expand their selection of the BP series of hooks, they still don't have the laser sharp 570 black platinum but they will one day.