Lincoya

The Passing Of Coley

I received a phone call from Coley's wife a little bit ago. She told me that Emory (Coley) Cole passed away around 5:00pm this evening.

Coley and I met at the old Tacklemaking.com website and became good friends from there. We spent many hours in mine or his shop talking about making lures. We fished together, travelled to Missouri for the TU Get-Together at Nathan's, and just hung out. We became good friends. He adopted his grandson and was working hard to raise him so we didn't see each other as much after that. Those of you who didn't know him will never know what a good man he was. I will miss him and our talks. May he rest in peace.

I will post funeral arrangements here when I get them.

Gene

Emory1.jpg

Emory1.jpg

Emory1.jpg

Emory1.jpg

Emory1.jpg

Emory1.jpg

Emory1.jpg

Emory1.jpg

post-11286-0-13831300-1408502740_thumb.jpg

I don't know what to say. To those of you who never met him, You really missed out on a incredible experience. Coley was a kind caring individual. Always quick to lend a helping hand or advice.That guy probably forgot more about pouring hard baits than most of us would ever learn.

He attended every get together here at my house and made everyone special.we'd speak on the phone on occasion...I'm going to miss those times.

It was a honor to call him my friend...and I sure will miss him...Nathan

That's really too bad. I'm sorry to hear that another nice guy is gone. I never met him but if he adopted his grandchild he must have been a standup guy. The world needs more like him.

Now I'm really thinking; I'm turning 65 next month and Ive got some recipies that until now I've not disclosed. I think I'll start posting them on the sticky.

Sorry to hear about Coley.  I think we first hooked up on TM.com many years ago.  I had to chance to meet Coley at Nathans get togethers but unfortunately I couldn't make either one.  I really regret that.  My deepest condolences to Coleys family.  I shared a few forums and emails with Coley.  A great lure maker and very kind person.  We will all miss him.  I did get to see a few pictures of Nathans get together in Missouri and even though I wasn't there in person I felt like I was a part of the get together.  When my time comes I hope Coley keeps a spot for me in LUREMAKERS HEAVEN.

Sad news indeed. My condolences to Coley's family and friends.

Although I have never met him personally, back in the days, I carved a lure body and Coley molded them. I still have the molded blanks and some wooden lures he made sent back to me. Now they will go into a display cabinet as the legacy of Coley lives on. Will be missing you Coley.

I met Emory whilst attending a TU meet a few years ago and really enjoyed his company for those few fleeting days. I know how well respected he was and I admired his moulding skills immensely. I am also the proud owner of a couple of lures signed by the man himself. He will be sadly missed.

PhilB

Leeds, United Kingdom