bassmaster0726

Oxblood Color

Probably the most successful oxblood worm is the Robo Oxblood lite/red flake.  They achieve the purple hue by adding a layer of purple plastic.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Roboworm_Straight_Tail_Worms/descpage-RW45ST.html#multiview

Laminating is the best way to get the purple vein their worms have, but it's hard to do.

But it is also really hard to get a light brown plastic with a purple hue without laminating, at least for me.

I settled for very light brown with .015 red flake.  I find that the red flake affects the color of the brown, making it more reddish.  You might try a little purple flake, too, to add a purple cast to the plastic, but I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know if it will work or not.

I'd suggest you get a pack of 6" Robo oxblood lite/red flake straight tail worms, and use them as a target to shoot for.

Edited by mark poulson

My recipe I use for oxblood that I like is a few drops of natural, few drops of oxblood colorant, .015 red flake and just a very very very small touch of .008 purple glitter. For my use, this has been very successful and has caught a lot of fish in drop shot worms. Laminating with a purple side looks good but is ultimately too much work for just my personal use with a drop shot worm ;)

See......now I'm even more confused!  LOL

I bought a pack of the Fathead Robo Worms in oxblood last spring, and I could have sworn the vein was black?  Man I wish I had the worm here in front of me now, but if I remember right it was a light cinnamon with small red flake and a split black vein. 

btw......I couldn't find my recipe for Oxblood, but I remember mixing MF's cinnamon with a touch of red and purple with small red flake.  I DO know mine was a single pour.

Bassinfool's mix sounds really cool though.............

It is a very light brown colorant I got from lurecraft.  Sorry, I usually post the manufacturer's name out next to the colorant but I neglected to do so.  The natural is from lurecraft, oxblood is from lureworks (spike it) and the chameleon is from Bear's (email him about it as it isn't listed on the site).  If you have a brown color you can use that in place of natural, just go one drop at a time until you get the color you want.  The chameleon isn't necessary either as it adds minimal color at best.  It is what is known as a changeable color where it looks brown but is actually purple plastic.  I just add in those 6 drops to try and get some more of that purple undertone.