Dinkerblue

Got My Hands In The Air "still Having This Problem Many Bubbles In The Melted Plastic

Here we go again I don't mean to sound like im MR (Mentally RET) you know what I mean. Today again I got out the big plastic container 2.5 gallon of plastisol Med and i shook it up vigrously and upside down continuously mixed it for 5 minutes while cap closed. Open it up and poured out a cup full I still continued mixing as I Started heating it up and same problem.Well I have taken everyone's advice and still have micro bubbles when I heat it up and mix the plastisol

I have even got in touch with the manufacturer regarding this problem they also suggest to really mix the plastisol

I have pictures of the different stages when this problem is occurring but Im not permitted to post the pictures. This is very very fustrating.the baits keep comming out (Just like several members said) really sticky and very soft I added glitter and later some color but still baits are like soft and sticky.

so how long must I mix this plastisol? In the past I have used other types of plastisol and have never have

had this problem I did not add any salt or the weather here is around 80 degrees. Maybe this batch

that I was given is bad I don't know what else to try. Sorry WTF !!!Got my hands up in the air

i did not use an injector im doing open pour into aluminium molds.I used a metal screwdriver as my mixing tool..At this point im open to any suggestions very

frustrated!

QuoteMultiQuoteEditReport

Edited by Dinkerblue

Don't take it to hard. There is a way to figure this thing out. First off the mixing part, I never just shake up my containers. I use a drill with a paint mixer on it. If there is some settlement on the bottom it will need to be moved around to get it mixed back in. I transfer all of my plastic into a five gallon pail with a flat bottom and removable lid. Pop the lid and mix with drill and paint mixer. Now remember the rest should be a little harder now that some of the softer stuff is poured off.

Now the bubble thing, I really believe you will need to vacumn out the air that is clinging to some of the resins. Sounds like I am blowing smoke but I do it all the time. Just before I heat. It is a bit costly at first but in the long run it will save a lot of headaches. Shaking it it not making bubbles better but it will be worse. You can get a vacumn chamber from eBay for about 200 bucks. It you buy one make sure you get one twice as large as the largest volume you will use as it will grow when vacumn is turned on. You should not be having a moisture problem in California, not enough humidity.

• Like 1

Frank means p o p, as in remove, the lid, not Plaster of Paris.  The site changes it automatically if you just type in the letters without any separation or punctuation.

I don't know how much plastic you bought, but I'd ask the manuf. for a sample of the same stuff, and see if you get bubbles with it.  If you don't you have a bad batch.  If you do, follow Franks directions, or go back to the brand that didn't have bubbles.

Good luck.  I know it can be frustrating.  I once repainted a wall in my house three times before I realized the "stains" I couldn't cover were actually shadows from the window.

Edited by mark poulson
  • Like 1

Honestly if I were you I would go with Do it molds plastisol very high grade but a little more pensive. Tge plastic is very dry and hardens very well and almost no bubbles. It also comes in a box with a spigot which is very convenient and all you have to do to mix the plastic is rotate the box once and your done! I would seriously check into it

Yeah and I like MF. If the jug is clear. Make sure the cap is on tight and turn the jug upside down. If you see a white mass at the bottom,  then you have hard pack. Take something to stir the bottom up. Bubbles and hard pack and smell is why I tried 4 diff. Plastisol before I found one I liked. Good luck, I hate :censored: bubbles!!    

Hate to say it. But I take brand new stuff out of barrels made 2 weeks ago, that is full of air. Thats why we degass it. I also jug every gallon of it when I mix it up. And test cook samples from the top and bottom. You can do as others suggest and pay a premium price for plastic in a box. And have other issues "you wont have problems with mf" if its not bubbling you got to add 20.00 of heat stable to keep it from yellowing on the first heat. They all have issues. You just got to work thru it... heat the plastic up in the pyrex. Let it cool. The bubbles will dicipate. Reheat and mix gently with a screw driver. And pour it...

Yes it is Bears Baits (Calhouns)Med Plastisol 2.5 gallon that was on sale $ 130 down the drain! I will try another method by using a portable gas stove to heat it up if this doesn't work and I still have the same outcome then

I will get in touch with them again to see what they can do to fix this problem. Thanks members I reallly apperciate your advice, Suggestions and support

Okay, I live in Arkansas, the humidity is outrageous in the summer. I have had this issue with a brand of Plastic before as well but not what is being used here. I will Never use it again. But I agree that of every brand of plastic I've used they all have qualities that I don't like. But maybe we are looking in the wrong direction here. What about your micro? Was it new? Have you wiped it and Pyrex cups out really well to remove any contamination from anything? I know here if my Pyrex sit over night in my shop moisture from the air settles a little and can cause bubbles. Or if a micro has had remelts heated in it maybe their is still moisture in the micro from heating used baits. As of now I only use Lurecraft and Bait junky Plastic. Even here in what seems like 120% humidity they only give me few bubbles that work out if you heat and stir slowly. Also make very sure the Plastic has reached 350 degrees before you pour. It can Cool after that but it will not perform correctly if not heated to that on first heat up process.

Edited by Shane D

you wont have problems with mf" if its not bubbling you got to add 20.00
of heat stable to keep it from yellowing on the first heat."

Leonard, I'll be polite and  respectfully object to your ludicrous statement concerning the 1st heat w/ MF. I've been using MF for 2+ years.That said, I do agree every manufactured brands of plastisol seem to have their own particular issues/ idiosyncrasies - most more troublesome  vs.MF.  MF is also not sticky after pouring.

I do not receive promotional pricing from Jeff @ MF- just great plastisol and service.

You sure got a way of twisting stuff up...

"You wont have problems with MF"

You choose to interpurt stuff the way you see fit...

I quoted your entire sentence w/ the topic being MF. Make sure your brain is in motion before engaging your jaw. I interpret sentences the way they are written-in your own words..Have a nice Sunday afternoon.

BTW- a word is under lined in red by spell check when the spelling is incorrect. Click on the under lined word and the correct spelling will be available so you can correct the mistake. We're all human and do make mistakes.

If people are selling product here they shouldn't be permitted to post anything regarding another vendor's product it's not professional nor is it truthful as a whole, we went through this with a couple of mold makers not so long ago it was down right stupid watching them trash each other on the open forum, nuf said!

• Like 1