Dinkerblue

Got My Hands In The Air "still Having This Problem Many Bubbles In The Melted Plastic

If your using med. or soft, best thing for you to do ,is heat 32oz. to 350 let it set a bit. keep heating to 320 let set with out stirring. OMG should have read the entire post before I put in my .02$. I have tried  a lot of  brands.haven't use BJ yet. I order a 55gal. drum from Texas good stuff. GO Ohio State.

Guys have experienced the same final observation of "bubbles" but I am almost certain that different reasons exist for the final observations.  The real trick is to understand what is going on to create the bubbles (air bubbles or volatilization of one or more components contained in the product, some may be impurity based as not for sure about overall quality control with regards to the product and industry use).     Vacuuming, slowly heating, stirring, along with a storage and handling practices will reduce or eliminate the issue in products displaying bubbling.  Some methods better than others depending on the real cause of the bubbling.   Many hobbyist vacuum systems (shop vac or low cost vacuum pump) will do a poor job of removing water from the system, they would be much more efficient and removing lower boiling components but either would be sufficient to remove small air bubbles that expand when heating.     

Product can be developed to avoid the issue but no reason to develop as it is a niche market of limited numbers....translated not any real money to be made as we will buy and use whatever is available (and the final decision for many comes down to the cheapest product available in the first place).

If your using med. or soft, best thing for you to do ,is heat 32oz. to 350 let it set a bit. keep heating to 320 let set with out stirring. OMG should have read the entire post before I put in my .02$. I have tried  a lot of  brands.haven't use BJ yet. I order a 55gal. drum from Texas good stuff. GO Ohio State.

Thanks.

I had the same problem... best thing I ever did was start vacuum degassing the virgin plastisol before I heated it up. Works perfectly... I can heat up any amount and if I let the vacuum chamber do its job I have zero bubbles. 

I didn't have the money to buy a chamber so I built one from a harbor freight vacuum pump, my wife's stock pot (don't tell her), and a piece of 1/2" acrylic. Instructions on youtube!

Anybody with an air compressor can make a venturi style vacuum pump with a few fittings.  You can pull a little over 28 inches with one  Good enough for a hot day, but maybe not on a cool day.