Coley

Glitter paint

Found a new product in craft section at wally world this week.

At least, its new to me. It's called Twinkles by Decoart.

It's a water based glitter paint. It comes in several color,

Walmart only had gold and silver. The flakes are very, very

small and it won't rub off when dry. It looks like you sprinkled

it on.

Coley

Hi Guys,

You can actually place different color glitters where you want them very easily.(I've written a tutorial on this,I've got to get the pictures shot and get it posted,but here is a abbreviated version)After you lure is painted the appropriate colors,.....Lets use a Fire Tiger pattern for the example...after the paint has dried,use a pencil and lightly draw in your marking for the black stripes......now with a fine point brush ,go over these marks with some Minwax poly-acrilic...besure to apply a very,very thin coat.Know place a paper towel down,and shake some fine black glitter over the wet acrilic,laet dry a few minutes,and tap the lure to knock loose the loose glitter....let dry completely,and coat with Devcon.

This process really sets of the tiger stripes!!!!..Poly-acrilic is a great medium to mix glitter with(it has a milky color,but drys clear)Pour a little in a dixie cup,pour in the glitter,and paint on with a brush to the desired area.Paint on red glitter over red throat high-lites..etc...Nathan

Nathan

I think you will like this one. Make a template and use the 3M spray adhesive spray like you would paint. Then sprinkle the glitter over the 3M spray. Take a brush and brush off the extra glitter. Then top with Devcon or Envirotex if you wont it to endure. :twisted::wink:

-Corey