mcallister920

What Does Your Tackle Lair Look Like?

If you guys would send all the money your spending on alcohol to me your livers will love you and I would love all the new tackle I'd be getting.

Can't drink the tap water in Indonesia, so need beer to brush my teeth.

It is good for Casseroles.

Doctor said I have to drink lots of fluids.

With a specific gravity of just less than water, it is perfect for setting up slow sinkers.

Bottom of can is perfect for mixing epoxy, sides for rattle plates.

With an unregulated pharmacy next door, need beer for washing down the pills.

Dave

• Like 2

No way I could make it in Indonesia if you can't drink the water. When my body starts craving fluids nothing takes the place of water for me.

Water is actually a truly wonderful and amazing thing if you think about it. Freeze it and it floats while the "cold" sinks. Perfect for cooling a warm beverage on a hot day. You can drink it, bathe in it, swim in it and it's kind of hard to run a bass boat without it. Not that we'd need a boat since no water means no fish. No fish and no TU. Not in it's present form anyway. I would have to go stand in front of a train if I woke up one morning and logged onto TU and it had turned into Knitting Underground. :mad:

Ben

• Like 2

I buy 2x 1.5Ltr bottles of water a day, for drinking and cooking. Funny thing is, when I go back to UK, I cannot bring myself to drink tap water, it just makes me cringe.

The tap water is fine in low doses, so washing dishes and personal hygiene is fine, and it is free, raised from a well beneath each house.

Dave

Interesting or not, this is life for many western families as well...

There are "water stands" where you pay 25 cents per gallon for clean water and pour it into your own jugs.... Or if youre lazy like me, pay a dollar a gallon for bottled water at Walmart and use the old jugs for things like dragonfly wings on lures

My well water goes through a basic charcoal filter, and then a softner  It tastes kind of sweet to me, but we do have an RO for coffee.  Interestingly even being surrounded by farms the organo phosphates are not so high as to be worrisome.  I still buy bottled water for stocking The Black Cat before I go fishing.  Its just easier and faster.  

Guys,

I only mentioned it in this thread because several people mentioned here they had problems with their drinking water being undrinkable, since it was contaminated.

I worry because younger people may not know that this was not the norm in this country even 25 years ago.

There were certainly exceptions, like the one Erin Brockovich fought PG&E to address, and even wells that drill down into aquifers with heavy metals produce undrinkable water.  

But, by and large, water in this country was drinkable in most places.  We were ( and still are) the envy of most of the rest of the world because we can drink our water.

These members may be young enough not to know that polluting our drinking water is not okay, just because it makes cheap oil available.

Well, if we must discuss it on this forum (which I do not agree we that we must) then atleast take it up to the docks.  This is a tackle making forum... and before anybody gets any bright ideas.  No I am not heavily invested in the oil industry.  LOL.  

Fair enough.  

I was hoping you had, and you would become my Uncle Jed Clampett!

Oh that's not right! After working a lot of lures I'm ready to put the ole butt in a recliner. :) It's far from messy, it's just busy and that's not all bad. Heck my office is not that clean. :(

One question tho, do you need some lime? They are better that way.

Seriously, very nice set up Barr!

Cheers, pun intended.

Dale

Edited by DaleSW
  • Like 1

My garage work area looks like a white kid was shot by black cops and a Bass Pro Shop was looted before things were burned down.

Seriously, a bait grenade went off in my shop.  I'm one of the most disorganized baitmakers you'll ever meet, but my stuff works.

A buddy who has recently started pouring plastics and lead told me that my bait making style reminds him of his grandmother cooking.  There are no recipes to read and follow, but the food is always good....a pinch of this, a dash of that, a few drops of.......you get the picture.

I have a true appreciation for the artists here, but that ain't me.  I just can't believe that the fish really care if the color is "off" a fraction. 

I catch a lot of quality fish throughout the year with little to no organization in my work area.

I can post a picture later if you're really all that interested, but it's just a work bench, a lead pot, a couple pyrex cups and a bunch of molds.  Works for me

• Like 2

My work space looks a whole lot like my wife's sewing room, the spare bedroom for guests, the room where all the extra clothes go, the room that the cat likes to sleep in the window, ect.ect

But in the Summer time when the boats in the driveway, I have 18 feet of countertop in the garage with cabinets underneath and above. I build rods, paint lures, pour lead, reload shells, airbrush decoys...and everything else the wife doesn't let me do in the house when the weather is warm.

• Like 1

Finally got the new shop set up!

I built an add on bench for my Christmas present (band saw) with a spot underneath for the shop vac.. Made a custom rod rack in the corner.. And put in a doggy door to share the space with my bird dog and her 3 mutt puppies (puppies 2 years ago)

Still some organizing to do and a few more tools to buy..... But its a VAST improvement over the laundry room in our old house!!!

Here's a short video tour

• Like 1

Yes, at least now you know what you are dealing with. DON'T let them get a hold with a nest, keep knocking them down while they are small. If they get more than a fist, you have lost, get someone in. You know you will have problems, so invest in a safety hat/net thing, in anticipation of the problems. It will be a lot less nerve wracking to deal with.

Dave