mcallister920

What Does Your Tackle Lair Look Like?

I stay away from the gallery... too hard to access it for me. I'd imagine if they allowed pics to be posted on here in the general area it would increase traffic greatly. It is a big turn off for me to have to cruise different areas looking for things as I'm sure it is for many who never post anything. Not saying i dislike the forum or the rules, just this is 2014 where other forums are like Walmart... everything in one place and easy to find. When people do an Internet search and they see what we are talking about an no pictures, they look elsewhere. As a new member, i am lost when it comes to figuring out what guys are talking about and pics are worth a thousand words... or so they tell me. I'd much rather have several new topics to read or look at than one or two a week. It keeps people interested and coming back for more. Lets face it, we all want to compare our work to others and get better at what we love doing. Even then the little thumbnail pics suck for me... i usually come here on my tablet or phone and they don't work correctly. It's rare i go upstairs to my desktop. I'd say i may get 10 percent if im lucky of what this forum could offer.

Like i said, i enjoy it but the experience could be better in my opinion. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes. I'm very appreciative of the info and members here.

I heard a saying long ago that seems to apply here.

"If you want to get something done, give to a person with a messy desk".

I prefer to think of the lack of obvious organization in my shop as just another example of my multi-tasking prowess.

By that definition I am severely in need of a vacation. :drool::D

Ben

a lot of you guys have your own rooms to paint and build. im jealous because I live in an apartment and mine is in my bed room, and I cant paint as much as I want. pretty much I paint when my girlfriend goes away for the day or the weekend. haha. but a lot of the setups ive seen on here and other sites are pretty awesome. cool setups guys.

Great set up frog addict wish my shop had central heat where I wouldn't have to wait an hour or so for my space heater to knock the chill out but it works. Like the syringe in the etex bottle you got going there to I'll have to try that.

Mark I hear you. I know it's not as cold as in some places around the country but it's really cold here. A small heater in the shop turned on for about an hour does the trick. The heater has a built in timer to shut off after 4 hours.

Jerry

Edited by bassguy

Mark I hear you. I know it's not as cold as in some places around the country but it's really cold here. A small heater in the shop turned on for about an hour does the trick. The heater has a built in timer to shut off after 4 hours.

Jerry

I have a parabolic heater that works really well, but I can't remember where it is anymore!  Being cold is my penance for being forgetful, I guess.

I've got a propane heater I turn on if it's really cold leave it on while I'm inside the house, to knock the chill out then cut on my ceiling mounted shop heater that's controlled by a thermostat then cut the propane heater off. I know during the winter I've got a warmup period to account for and so does my wife ( you've got time to do this or that). I always thought winter was hibernate time who knew