mcallister920

What Does Your Tackle Lair Look Like?

Nice shop!

Get some of the wasp and hornet spray that shoots 20'+-. That way, you can do battle at a safer distance.

Tell your wife to carry some in her purse. It doubles as a legal alternative to Mace.

Thanks!... Im happy as a pig in slop!

I got that spray, it was a sight to see (ive always had a wasp phobia).... Used an old license plate to swat my way in the door, then emptied the bottle in the air like i was on call of duty!.... Also sprayed heavily around all the windows (thats where they like to hang out), the residue is still killing them every time they land....... Idk if u can see in the video, but theres several dead between the window and the screen, im just too creeped out to open it

Other than that, its a great place to hang out!

• Like 1

Oh, and i found the electrical line running to the shed was cut... Theres 6 or 7 outlets in there, but im running off an extension cord from the house for now....... Had an electrician scheduled, but had to cancel when i got laid off from work (found a new job the next day.. 2016 has been verry eventful so far!)

• Like 1

JR - on the lamp, the bit that makes contact with the bottom button of the bulb is probably corroded.

*** UNPLUG *** from mains and have a look down there, you may be able to scrape it clean with a screwdriver or a blade.

Dave

Worth a shot... I thought it was because i knocked it off the shelf 3 times while i was moving boxes in the shed

JR - lamps are very simple, crude items and easy to fault find if you have a meter. If you don't, you can make a resistance meter with a battery, torch bulb and a length of wire.

Either you have a loose connection, check the plug, switch and lamp connections, or there is a break in the wire, which is were the meter comes in handy.

Dave

• Like 1

Before I get something like that I have to finish the house first which I have been building for 45 yrs. If my  work area ever looked like that my wife would think I am nuts or seeing another woman which at 73 I don't need, but it really is nice when you just start but give it a few years and when you come up with a new idea every day you get the clutter which I have built up over the years, these darn lures can drive you crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. But then some guys are neat and then there's my group of guys, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, still hats off to you and your wife. 

Here is where I have been pouring baits for the last six months.  Ever since I started building the room inside the shop for the new machines all my bait making benches, shelves from the area, and even one CNC router have just been a huge pushed together impassable mess in the back of the shop.  I still had to test molds, so I dug the micro out of the pile and set it on a semi clear stretch of floor behind my boat.  I feel confident sharing this picture finally, because I finally pulled my benches out of the pile and started setting up a new pouring area.   The microwave will finally get put back on its work bench today or tomorrow. 

SUX 2.JPG

Edited by Bob La Londe

When you have a project like a room inside your work area I'm surprised that you even found time to work on baits. I know you will be glade when it's finished.

I tried to find this thread when I posted my thread about the shop. I didn't know that the search engine was down. I got frustrated and went and started the other. I told Dave that I would post, so I started that thread. I wish I had found this one. This where I wanted it to be.

Dale

Ok, here is the new plastics area.  There is a little more room here than in my old space I had setup for plastics, so I may move my lead pouring to this area as well. 

I've still got a couple boxes of stuff to unpack, but atleast now I won't have to kneel down on the floor to test molds. 

You might notice a blue air line coming down to the bench near the right end of the pegboard.  I already had that airline in roughly that area for checking the tires on the boat.  I went ahead and mounted it there in case I ever decided to do any air brushing.  The air in my shop is modestly well cleaned.  Goes through a filter separator, then a refrigeration type air dryer, then another filter separator so I can check that the air is dry before it goes on to the expensive stuff in the shop.  I don't really have time to take on air brushing anything though.  Since the air line was already close by though.  Why not. 

Just in time too.  I am out of Club-Os in all my favorite colors.  I was reduced to throwing rejects and blems. 

New Pouring Bench Layout.jpg

• Like 1

That's a ton of bench space!!!

I find the more bench space I have, the more clutter I accumulate..... Having a smaller bench forces me to organize more often, but I'd still like to have that kinda room!

I can just picture you sitting on the floor Indian style in front of that microwave waiting impatiently for the plastic to heat:lol:

Brings back fuzzy memories of me and my little brother hovering over the Creepy Crawler oven^_^

Edited by JRammit