swarmjigs

Hot Pink And Orange Bleeding

I'm new here and tried to search for bleeding colors with know results. Hopefully someone can help me out.

I pour crappie jigs and then use the VPI paint to color the tops of them. Works great on all colors but Pink and or Orange. Does anyone have any ideas? It doesn't matter if the jig is char or white, or even clear. Orange or pink sprayed on will result in bleeding after a few weeks. I have had this problem with the pink and orange when I use those colors in plastisol as well. They will bleed over to the lighter colors. There has to be away since there are so many plastic jigs and worms on the market thta have char and pink or ornage in combimation. ANt help would be apprciated. Thanks

Well I actually have called some and was mislead. The lure works Flo orange and Flo pink in the co-lure coat does in fact bleed. I have switched to the VPI paint now and have had better results. Gonna order some colorant only in these colors and give it a try. I will post my findings in a couple weeks. Thanks for the reply's!!

I am talking about both.

I have tried some flo pink and flo orange colorant for plastisol, poured in my clear VPI paint and had bad results. These colorants were not from lurecraft. I then tried to just use these same colorants in my plasitsol and they bled.

Then I ordered co-lure coat flo pink and flo orange and they bled. After calling them, Bruce said that they could infact bleed.

So now I have lure craft colorant coming to try and add to my clear VPI soft plastic paint to see if I get positive results. The web site says they are non bleed colors. Should know very soon. Thanks

I am talking about both.

I have tried some flo pink and flo orange colorant for plastisol, poured in my clear VPI paint and had bad results. These colorants were not from lurecraft. I then tried to just use these same colorants in my plasitsol and they bled.

Then I ordered co-lure coat flo pink and flo orange and they bled. After calling them, Bruce said that they could infact bleed.

So now I have lure craft colorant coming to try and add to my clear VPI soft plastic paint to see if I get positive results. The web site says they are non bleed colors. Should know very soon. Thanks

So you are adding it to paint and not plastic? Added to plastic it does not bleed but adding plastic colorant to paint you are on your own. I know the pigment is interchangeable( in raw form) but don't think it is when it is made for coloring plastic.