Gatorbitu

Split Rings

Different places sell them, Jann's Netcraft is another idea. Just don't make the mistake I did, I tried to save some money and found some (dang it I can't remember where now) that were pretty cheap. I thought split rings are split rings, well they're not. These are a gold color but they bend really easy. When I'm using the split ring pliers they bend very easy and I've thrown more away than used. I don't trust a big fish wouldn't pull the hooks off

Different places sell them, Jann's Netcraft is another idea. Just don't make the mistake I did, I tried to save some money and found some (dang it I can't remember where now) that were pretty cheap. I thought split rings are split rings, well they're not. These are a gold color but they bend really easy. When I'm using the split ring pliers they bend very easy and I've thrown more away than used. I don't trust a big fish wouldn't pull the hooks off

X2  Been there, done that.   :boo:

Split rings and hooks are NOT the place to try and save money. When you have a fish of a lifetime open the split rings and swim away with just the hook in it's mouth it will make you want to cry.  :cry: And I wasn't even using cheap split rings when it happened. :mad:  It still made me sick to my stomach though.

Ben