Nathan

Ac1315 Concrete Sealer Top Coat

That was my impression - not a super shine like epoxy. However, easy to work with, easily dipped & dries quickly. Trade off like everything else in life i guess!

I think the shine is a product of the thickness of the coating.  Epoxy is thicker, so it adds depth.  For me, it also adds another day to the construction process, and weight to the bait.

I find the AC1315 doesn't diminish or dull the paint schemes in any way, and, in fact, enhances them.

It is also thin enough that it doesn't obscure or fill in details I've added, like tracing the gill plate onto my PVC lures with my thumbnail, to provide a slight recess that adds shadowing.

It coats diving bills on cranks, and doesn't peel when I grind them on rocks.  I've got some wiggle warts whose bills are worn from rocks, but the paint on the bills, and the AC1315 top coat, are still adhering fine.  I have had urethane coatings on bills peel in the past, and I've had epoxy coatings crack and chip, but not the AC1315.

Lastly, it doesn't pull away from sharp edges, like epoxy does when it sets, so one dip coat covers everything.  I add two coats just for the additional thickness and protection, but I have cranks I fish myself that I only dipped once, and the finish is holding up fine.

The only thing that keeps this from being "the perfect country and western song" are the danged old solvent fumes, but I dip outside, and am careful to have good ventilation.