CObasser

Air Brush ?

2 ???????

1. I'm looking to do some multi color jig heads . Any info on what size tip to use on my air brush ? 

2. It may not be correct but i ussually do a splatter pattern on crankbaits by opening the tip up and dropping the pressure and do a poking motion . how can i get a splatter pattern on jigs with powder paint . I read about a liquid additive .Can i achieve the same results ? if so what tip size is good ? 

..its a wire bait question but the paint flows the same so ....

the tip of reg air brushes will not work you need a special air brush for powder painting like a 1.0 tip badger make one tjstackle.com sells but it cost like $50 fine details are not possible with it would do a splater pattern real easy could just get some straws and dip the tip in powder paint and blow threw straw spray lure with powder paint?  

I've been thinking about using a air brush for powder paint also. Found the Badger mini sandblaster for under $50 and the Paasche AEC air eraser that may work. Thought about the liquid sold from columbia but figure the Badger or Paasche are a one time expense, but still haven't decided which to get.

i got the air eraser from harbor freight it not bad i think the problem people have with them is getting parts.  they don't sell them on their web site so you got to order them from the company so it harder yet to do.  but if you get one of those 20% off coupons you can get it real cheap for a ab or air eraser. unless like me you got one by you then shipping will be there too... by the way the air eraser is for sand blasting not powder painting that why i said some thing...but if you try it it's up to you.... i don't know how you could go wrong with a air eraser or a air brush? i think the tips are .5 on the air brushes? so it would be a good general use brush not a detail brush . by general use i am talking a wider spray pattern that you cant do details free hand like scales this would be better with a .20 brush.     

Edited by Boondox