Terrydabassman

Air brush problem

I have a 155 Badger Anthem double action.

I've torn it down numerous times and cleaned it...soaked it in dish water detergent, and blew it out with air.

I have no regulation at all, it's on full blast even at the slightest touch of the trigger. I've taken it apart a ton a times and cleaned it, but this has my stymied.

At first I was getting too little air for the preasure, by process of ilimination, it came down the the head. Plenty of air without it, less with it.

So, I soaked it in water and dish water detergent, then after an hour of soaking blew it out also with 50pounds of air.

Have any ideas what the heck happened? Can a head go bad? Can ya ruin a head?

Thanks

Terry

Im thinking that this is what happens on that. When you pull your needle through the airbrush out the back, if there is any paint on the needle it deposits small amounts inside the bushing. Those deposits can hinder the action of the spring mechanism in the housing there, causing it to not pull the needle back or be stuck in an open or closed position. I think thats what causes it. I personally have never had that happen but it is good to know that that can be fixed rather easily from Badger. But in the future make sure your needle is cleaner than it has been before making it exit through the bushing. Cody