bass ackwards

plastic showdown!

I need the pros advice! I am ready to order plastic but am not sure which company to go with. It seems like everybody has there favorite but I was wondering if I could get some suggestions. Also, does anybody sell plastic wholesale? I have a wholesale license for another business and was hoping to put it to good use with my hobby too! thanx!

I have used several plastic companies in the eleven years that I have poured. When I first started pouring I was using MF plastic. It was 35 bucks a gallon, but it was at a tackle shop 5 miles away from my house. MF is costly. MF is decent plastic but does not take high heat well. I then tried Lurecraft. The plastic and I didnt get along that well. It yellowed under heat easier then MF. Lurecraft was cheaper but by the time you added Lurecrafts shipping, I might as well go to the tackle shop 5 miles away and get the MF. I then saw the light, Calhoun. Calhoun was cheaper in price, even with shipping. You can really crank up the heat with Calhoun. Even with the higher heat you still get crystal clear results with the lighter colors. The smell to me is like candy, not bad at all, it also doesnt smoke as bad as others. Hope this helped you somewhat. Good luck!

Del's site. YOUr in SD i see. YOu do SDFish? if so get ahold of Some of the guys and they can help you out. Fishtricks does plastics and nerdy along with some guys that arwe on here too like Mattlures. Local help is good a lot of times because you can call them up or meet with them. I havnt poured plastics for a few months now but i still can help too.

If you are new to pouring, look in the 'How-To' section. I put a very basic tutorial to help guys just starting out. At the bottom of the article, there is a list of suppliers.

Take CJ up on the offer. It will save you tons of time and headaches learning from someone else. :)