twebb46237

Unpainted Spook

If it is not a true Spook then the thing is crap. There are so many knock off of baits comming from China that are just garbage. So many companies are buying up this junk, just custom painting them, and then selling them as custom lures. All you get (sometimes) is well painted junk. If I were you I would buy clear original spooks. All they have is yellow eyes and a black dot toward the tail on them. This is what I do. You can either sand off the eyes and the dots or paint over them. If you are a registered business you can get them at a reduced rate. Otherwise, you will have to pay a normal price for them. But do your customers right and don't sell them crap. If you are good with an airbrush then you can make some money on them.

Skeeter

• Like 2

bustinbassbaits.com has a good knockoff of the jackal bowstick 130.  it is a big walk the dog topwater, probably similar in size to a super spook.  I have painted a few and the action on them is good.  it is topwater #44 on the website, unfortunately they are currently out of stock...

for some reason I can't post the link...

Eric

bustinbassbaits.com has a good knockoff of the jackal bowstick 130.  it is a big walk the dog topwater, probably similar in size to a super spook.  I have painted a few and the action on them is good.  it is topwater #44 on the website, unfortunately they are currently out of stock...

for some reason I can't post the link...

Eric

I agree.  I've used it and it's a good quality lure.  It walks very easily and I like the type of rattles it has.  The hole in it's side adds a cool popping sound when you walk it aggressively.  It's a large bait, but if you have the right rod you can launch them almost into orbit.