jbdesigns

Kaiser Jig / Aspirin Jig W/ Eye Socket

Aspirin heads eye sockets have utilized nearly all the area they have available for their individual size . To get a bigger eye in one if that is the intent , You can only flatten the eye ridge . Then paint it stick the eye on and clear epoxy coat over it so the eye will stay . I for my own reasons epoxy coat everything I can .

The jig shown, has a ridge for an inset eye. Similar to a socket eye jig by Do-It molds. If you want a deeper inset, you will have to have a new mold made. You can always cut away material on a mold, however to add material to get a rounded appearance is impossible to do by hand. You can get any of the molds by Do-It, pour the jig and just stick on the eye and be done with it. The picture you posted is from a custom made mold.

A good vice with smooth side inserts (I use A35 teco clips held on by masking tape) will let you squeeze the sides of any lead head to get a flat for eyes.

If you want a mold that will let you pour flat sided heads, maybe you could get a multiple cavity mold a little heavier than you want, and fill the bottoms of the cavities with JB Weld, smoothed to make a flat the size of the eye you want to use.

Messages sent to a few guys who "pinned" there molds.

Here's to hoping.

Do any of you guys think a nice set of pliers with some thin rods epoxied onto them could squeeze the sides and recess enough of a socket?

No, you would have to do this in a vice, as you or anyone else doesn't have the strength to manually put a ridge on a lead jig. Personally you are going to waste a lot of time in your endeavors. Buy a mold and or have one custom made and be done with it. You will never achieve what you want to do by hand. I assume you never poured jigs before. Well let me tell you that there is a big learning curve in that just alone not including painting them. However if time is not an issue,  than you are more than welcome to try. However I am telling you from the get go, that you are looking about this the wrong way. You need to have a game plan and have a starting point. No offense, but you are all over the map with this project. You need to think this through and find out what your budget is, do you want to pour the jigs, do you want to buy a custom mold etc. etc. How many jigs you want to make are you selling them or just for yourself. Lot of questions you have to ask yourself and get an honest answer.

Edited by cadman

Cadman, sorry to be all over the map. I was trying to find information on a jig head I couldn't find.

I have zero time,(2 young toddlers)

Don't want to pour

Want enough for myself and to sell some to keep this hobby afloat

And a bit of money to spend.

Sorry if I'm just trying to grasp some knowledge.

Led

I sent Jim a message on jc, just awaiting a response

Thanks to all who have helped with this

Cadman, sorry to be all over the map. I was trying to find information on a jig head I couldn't find.

I have zero time,(2 young toddlers)

Don't want to pour

Want enough for myself and to sell some to keep this hobby afloat

And a bit of money to spend.

Sorry if I'm just trying to grasp some knowledge.

Led

I sent Jim a message on jc, just awaiting a response

Thanks to all who have helped with this

I understand where you are going with this. I'm just trying to make this easier for you so you don't spend a lot of wasted time. Didn't mean to come off like a jerk, just want to give you some easier choices, as many people like yourself want to jump in, spend a lot of money only to find that this is not what they expected.

I'm sure Shawn could make him what he wants.

I have quite a few of Shawns molds and they are great. But the cost is usually more than most people realize for something custom like that.

Especially compared to a sandcast Do-It mold.$30 vs $200- $300 is a big difference.

But then again you do get exactly what you want.

Edited by Kasilofchrisn

Ya that would be it, but I'm looking at 1/8 & 1/4oz

Cadman,

No worries, I understand where you are coming from.

Believe me, I do not even know you, but from all the reading I have done I have a lot of respect for you and and your knowledge of tackle.

I'll be happy if I learn 1/2 of what you know

Ya that would be it, but I'm looking at 1/8 & 1/4oz

Cadman,

No worries, I understand where you are coming from.

Believe me, I do not even know you, but from all the reading I have done I have a lot of respect for you and and your knowledge of tackle.

I'll be happy if I learn 1/2 of what you know

You do realize Shawn makes custom molds right? That means if you can dream it he can probably make a mold for it.

I currrently have him working on a smaller freshwater version of one of my saltwater jig molds.

I have another set of molds that makes jigs from 1/8 ounce all the way to 24 ounces all from Collins customs and all exactly the same just smaller or bigger.

If it were me I would first try modifying the Aspirin head jig mold from Do-It.

http://www.barlowstackle.com/Do-It-Aspirin-Head-Jig-Mold-P173.aspx

Either that or geting some jigs and making them how you want then then making yourself a silicone mold off those jigs.

If they work out as planned then look into an expensive CNC mold from Shawn Collins Or Bob Lalonde of CNC molds n stuff.

You do realize Shawn makes custom molds right? That means if you can dream it he can probably make a mold for it.

I currrently have him working on a smaller freshwater version of one of my saltwater jig molds.

I have another set of molds that makes jigs from 1/8 ounce all the way to 24 ounces all from Collins customs and all exactly the same just smaller or bigger.

If it were me I would first try modifying the Aspirin head jig mold from Do-It.

http://www.barlowstackle.com/Do-It-Aspirin-Head-Jig-Mold-P173.aspx

Either that or geting some jigs and making them how you want then then making yourself a silicone mold off those jigs.

If they work out as planned then look into an expensive CNC mold from Shawn Collins Or Bob Lalonde of CNC molds n stuff.

Only problem is I don't want/ can't pour my own

But it seems like it would be lot easier to get what I want that way

Edited by jbdesigns

I bet if you buy the mold, somebody will pour it for you.

I have had friends do that for me.

A friend wanted a sinker size I didn't have and wasn't planning on buying. He had some lead he wanted to trade for sinkers. He paid for the mold and got half his lead back in sinkers including the special size he wanted and a few jigs as well.

To the OP I guess another option though spendy is to have someone like cast industries make you a silicone spincast mold. Then you can just call them and get as many as you want. They cast them and send them to you.

I don't recall the prices off hand but I do believe a Shawn Collins mold would be cheaper.Unless you need a few thousand jigs or something.

Then again if the one in your second pic is still made why not just buy some retail for your own use? Or at least some to try out before committing more $$$?