aaarneson

What Is A Good Vibrating Jig Mold?

Glad I could help. Over the years, I have learned so much tackle crafting technique here that would have taken a lifetime of trial and error to figure out. I am grateful that so many share their knowledge, tips and techniques so freely. It's nice to be able to give back from time to time. It's what makes TU such a good forum IMO.

X2!!

• Like 1

Apdriver,

What brand of foil tape do you use?  Do you get it from Home Depot?  Not sure why mine is leaving such a sticky residue.

Thanks

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to this. Here's a pic of what I have. I also inspected about twenty jigs I made in advance and haven't put together yet and there is no residue after I baked these to set the powder paint.image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

post-29484-0-78326400-1423756976_thumb.jpg

post-29484-0-14247400-1423756990_thumb.jpg

So might be a dumb question, but if you can open up the eye of the hook, any vertical eye jig would basically work. If not a vertical eye, then need to use a ring. I have a Trokar arky. Trokar swimming, poison tail and a few other molds. Which would be the best for a chatterbait.

So might be a dumb question, but if you can open up the eye of the hook, any vertical eye jig would basically work. If not a vertical eye, then need to use a ring. I have a Trokar arky. Trokar swimming, poison tail and a few other molds. Which would be the best for a chatterbait.

I've caught a lot of fish on the Arkie made into a bladed jig. You can't go wrong with it. I'd say it would be personal preference. Just remember to bend your blade BEFORE you put it on your jig and close the eye.

These all look amazing !!!!!!  another dumb question, but why use the figure 8 instead of just put the blade right on the hook.

This has been discussed here and what was said is Z man has a patent on how the blade attaches directly to hook. So to sell their baits, guys attach it in different ways. Some prefer using a cross eye hook and a split ring. Smalljaw told me he gets better action with them like this. Also the hooks are difficult, somewhat, to open and you'll break some.

These all look amazing !!!!!!  another dumb question, but why use the figure 8 instead of just put the blade right on the hook. 

With the Figure 8 link, you use a straight shaft spinnerbait hook and attach the figure 8 link to the eye of the hook.  Then, the other end of the figure 8 link becomes the eye to which the blade is attached.

The best one I have found is the Sparky.

I agree.  I use a Sparkie mold for mine.  I have made some with an Arkie mold and they vibrate fine and catch fish.  But, the one thing they do not do, which I think is crucial, is that the bottom corners of the blade does not bang on the jighead.  I can only get that action with the Sparkie style mold.