Darkman

List Of Lure Mold Companies

1 hour ago, Agiran927 said:

Where can I get 10 cavity sticks or 6+ jerks? I have looked and looked with no success. TIA

Del at Del Mart makes a ten cavity stick mold. I picked one up on the used market some years ago and it shoots good and makes goot baits. Laminates well. Takes a large injector, though. Can’t fill it with a 3 ounce with one shot. Takes a six ounce. Might want to ask around before ordering. At one point he was way behind and even his website says long lead times on his molds. Not sure of his present “position”.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rodknocker said:

does the do-it essentials molds shoot dull looking baits I seen a video where a man was having to paint them with high heat engine paint to fill the textured surface to get them shiny an smooth just wondering been looking at getting one

It depends on which mold you get, I have a senko, penny tail grub, and chubby grub mold that if you oil them before shooting they look fine. But the 5" Fluke I got comes out really dull even with oil. I did shoot mine with engine enamel and they come out a lot better. Really if you weight the cost of the mold and the $12-15 for the paint it's pretty close  on just going ahead and ordering the better mold, I think it was $59?

6 hours ago, Rodknocker said:

does the do-it essentials molds shoot dull looking baits I seen a video where a man was having to paint them with high heat engine paint to fill the textured surface to get them shiny an smooth just wondering been looking at getting one

I bought some Do-It Essentials molds some time back just to see what everybody was complaining about.  Sure they have a less than smooth surface and dry out of the molds the baits look a little dull, but in the water where most of us actually fish with them they look great and catch fish.  My thought was … here is a cheap mold that produces baits that catches fish somebody can buy if they just want to play a little bit.  I voiced that opinion here some time back and get a little bit of a thrubbing for it.  Some guys complained it was NOT a good deal if they didn't get a zillion cavities for it, and others complained about the dull finish all over again.  Sure they don't have the finish of a machined mold, but then they don't have the cost either.  In my opinion the only real draw back is for the reseller.  A bait that doesn't look as pretty in the package doesn't sell as well.  

My opinion of them hasn't really changed.  They are a cheap mold that produces baits that catch fish.  Its not a Cadillac, but its not priced like one either.  

Edited by CNC Molds N Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being budget friendly is what they are made for and the will fish,  I just my new P. B.  Sunday on a ribbon tail  from an essientals mold.  I've also got a couple ceramic(stone) molds from bugmold.com and Authentic Handmade's site.  They are out of the Ukraine and shipping is a little slow,  but the molds hold up well to the heat and the offer a ton of options.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 5:37 PM, Rodknocker said:

Lol good one I’ve not herd yeah I ordered one from them to that explains why I’ve not gotten an email that it has shipped yet 

Actually that's a twist on something I heard from a designer in Bulgaria I sometimes work with.  He says around where he lives they say, "The better is your 4x4 the further you have to walk to find a tractor when you get stuck."  

• Haha 2

On 1/14/2015 at 5:24 PM, NS Basser said:

Has anyone ever had any issues, re; High Rock Molds.? I tried to register with the site but there is no available way to input my province of residence, I live in Canada, I also sent an email 4 days ago, with no contact back. Any input is appreciated.

High rock is gone now tried for a week to locate them and there closed

• Like 1

Love this guys just got into the soft plastics game about a year ago had a older friend hand down a bunch of stuff too me most of it was great some was just older molds that don’t sell well and I have a ton of Del Mar hand pours  I wish I would of came across a list like this I’ve been digging and looking and I get most of my new molds from baitjunkys there super quick I order 3 days the mold is at my door but bobs is a great co too along with Lurecraft there all good it’s just baitjunkys really stood out to me thanks I will check out all the company’s I’ve never seen before 

• Like 1