jonister

Wide Wobble Crankbait

I haven't seen your crankbait, but I have found that the rounder a bait is in cross section, the more wobble, or roll, it has.

I'm guessing it has to do with how easily the water passes over a round surface, as opposed to a flat surface.

Maybe tapering the lower half a little, so it has small flat sides part way up from the belly.  For me, flat sides wiggle like crazy, but don't seem to wobble like round baits do.

It's very hard to evaluate how a deep diver will run until you get it down to the pressure depth it's designed to work in, so I wouldn't prejudge how it may run until you take it out in the wild and give it a spin.  A lot about a deep diver's action is determined by exactly where you put the line tie -  the closer to the nose of the bait it is, the harder the action usually is.  But too close to the nose and it will blow out on you.

We can fix this.  For starters I need to know four things:

1. How long is it from the nose of the bait to the end of the lip?

2. How wide is the lip at its' widest point?

3. How far from the nose of the bait is the end of the line tie?

4. Does the lip come straight out from the nose of the bait or does it have an angle?

Skeeter

One way to get the widest wobble out of a bait is to go ahead and install everything but the ballast. Then take the bait and try to balance it on a hacksaw blade or some other piece of thin material. When you get as close as possible to making it balance that is where you want to install the ballast. What this does is to find the center of gravity on the lure and also establishes the pivot point for the Xing action.

Ben

The bill is exactly 2 inches long and 1 1/4 inch at its widest section,  total body length is 4 inches, also how do I post pics?

PS,  its already got a coat of devcon on it so I cant exactly balance it

You hit the "More Reply Options" tab right next to the Post tab at the bottom right when you post a reply.  One of the options lets you attach files and pictures.

What I mean by downsize, is my phone takes very high quality pics and they are all about 3 mb to download, and TU only allows 2mb and less. Im using a dif. camera now. also, in reply to Skeeter. I did try melting the lip to bend it but broke it, on the flip side, I super glued it back and the super glue cemented it back together into the place I wanted it. also, now that the lip is more centered it runs tighter. now im tuning it and possibly adding more ballast.