Curt - NC

Site Downtime

Sometime very late last night, Tackle Underground was hacked by a wonderful someone with too much free time on their hands.

I didn't spot it until Nathan alerted me during the late morning today. I know it was still running last night at somewhere around 9:00 PM Eastern time when I checked it.

Over the course of the day today I worked with the support people at Invision Power Systems to get everything running again.

As of right now, the site is loading again, but I haven't been able to verify that everything is 100% back up to par.

If you spot anything that isn't working within the site, please PM me or post on the Tackle Underground Facebook page, at https://www.facebook.com/tackleunderground

Thanks for your patience while we finish sorting this all out.

Curt

Finally, the software updates are finished. I apologize for the long period of being Offline. It wasn't supposed to take that long, but the Holiday weekend kind of threw a wrench into everything.

I will be continuing to work on getting everything back to the way it was, so please be patient for just a little longer.

THANK YOU.

For over a year I had a problem logging in and when I did get logged in I couldn't get logged out unless I rebooted the computer.  It is all fixed now.  Again, thanks.

Glad it fixed the problem for you!

Speaking of fixing problems, this latest update should have corrected some other problems too, including the copy/paste issues that some people were having with Internet Explorer.

With that said, I still don't recommend using Internet Explorer. Firefox is still the best, in my opinion, with Chrome landing in a distant second place.

Glad it fixed the problem for you!

Speaking of fixing problems, this latest update should have corrected some other problems too, including the copy/paste issues that some people were having with Internet Explorer.

With that said, I still don't recommend using Internet Explorer. Firefox is still the best, in my opinion, with Chrome landing in a distant second place.

This is not a big problem for me but just wanted to let you know that it takes alot of time to get any notification.  I don't know the exact time but over a day.

This is not a big problem for me but just wanted to let you know that it takes alot of time to get any notification.  I don't know the exact time but over a day.

Is this still happening even now?

I know it happened last week when the server was being overloaded by a spammer. As soon as we thwarted the attack, a ton of notification emails came pouring!

By the way, I know that it's not the site because I got 5 or 6 notifications just in the last few minutes when you replied to this post and when others replied to another post I made a few minutes ago. That's why I asked about your email provider. I know that Gmail is pitifully slow at delivering emails on a regular basis.