Curt - NC

Site Downtime

I have a hotmail address.  I haven't gotten any of the notifications in our recent posts.  I won't get them till tomorrow.  Again it is not a big thing for me, I just wanted to make sure you knew while you were getting all the bugs worked out.

My guess is that it's email related. not site related. I just got your notification immediately when you replied to this post, so it can't be the TU server.

Check with Hotmail to see if there is a setting that can be changed in your account to speed things up a bit.

I got the notification instantly with the last post you made.  First time I got it quickly since the upgrade.  I still don't have notifications by email of the other communications we have had today.  Something has gotten fixed today. 

I haven't changed anything to make anything work. In fact, I didn't change anything at all.

This is a longshot, but try clearing your computer's browser cache and rebooting. See if that helps at all.

A few days ago my inbox was flooded with email notifications and I didn't think much of it at the time thinking it might be a fluke. I just checked emails before logging into TU and only had one notification of new posts. Once logged on there were numerous new replies and posts that I hadn't received notice of. I usually get notified immediately of any new activity. Maybe something is lurking in the background?

Ben

A few days ago my inbox was flooded with email notifications and I didn't think much of it at the time thinking it might be a fluke. I just checked emails before logging into TU and only had one notification of new posts. Once logged on there were numerous new replies and posts that I hadn't received notice of. I usually get notified immediately of any new activity. Maybe something is lurking in the background?

Ben

Thanks Ben.

A few days ago I discovered that the server had become very slow and almost responsive, so we did some tech work and every thing sprang back to life, which released a flood of notifications. So that explains why that happened.

But knowing that you're also having trouble getting site notifications is pretty puzzling. I still haven't had any problems with this. I'll admit, though, that I have probably been part of less threads on the site than you have.

I will go through and comment on several posts and keep an eye out to see if I receive notifications when they get new replies.

I also know that there is another small update that needs ot be applied to the software, but I'll be waiting until after Christmas to do it, because I don't want to risk the site being down through the holiday like what we had happen at Thanksgiving time.

Thanks for checking up on it Curt. I know you've got better things to do than babysit a website, but that's what happens when your the captain of the ship.  B) 

As my usual routine I checked email and then logged onto TU. Zero notices in the email box, but when I got here there there were 6 new posts with 5 of them being subjects I follow. Not sure what the problem is, but I'm using Firefox and haven't changed any settings for a very long time.

It's not a major problem to me since I log on several times a day, but there has to be a problem somewhere.

thanks for the help, :yay:

Ben