barr5150

Mixing Etex?

Go to the dollar store, buy 30 clear plastic shot glasses for a buck. Pour equal amounts into 2 of them, then one into the other, mix for a couple minutes and then let stand for a few more and away you go. Start brushing. I usually do four musky baits by using this method. Very little waste and then toss it all in the garbage, no clean up.

Edited by Jdeee

tried the weight thing ONCE in the beginning-no good- go to mudhole.com and get the syringes  for mixing their rod coat- the plastic shot glasses are great for mixing-smooth on the inside- the syringes have the correct type of rubber in them- wont contaminate the two parts- drill a hole in each cap,insert syringe and leave it in there- draw out equal parts , mix, and apply - the best way I have found- perfect results everytime- as long as I don't drop the bait on the floor!

For a while i thought you could mix etex by weight, i ended up hating the stuff since it never cured right. someone here suggested using syringes so i did and now i prefer etex for larger baits(or when i run out of devcon=) ) I Would check all the epoxy stores in your area, they usually have epoxy/resin safe syringes for sale. I went to a local Smooth-On store in my area and got 2 for like 4 bucks. i have been using them now for months. One thing i can say about etex though is i dont recommend it on balsa baits. unless the balsa is sealed with some hard epoxy, it will dent alot easier.