Big Ray

Senko Plastisol Question

Hi Basscandy I would use the same recipe Bassinfool gave me. It is 2.25 Tablespoons blasting media to 4 ounces of super soft plastisol. Add the blasting media before you heat the plastisol. Don't add softener to your stick baits until you know you need it or not. I use lurecraft supersoft and mine came out a little stiff. The only problem is I haven't got around to figuring out how much softener to use because I haven't been able to shoot any baits in a few weeks. But if they are a little stiff I would try the amount of softener Bassinfool told me to start out with and that was to start off with half a teaspoon to 4 ounces and then add more if you need to.

Oh wait a sec I just realized you asked how it worked not how to use it. Dang I hope someone else answers that question because I would like to know the same thing. If you guys catch rate stayed the same as when you used salted stick baits or did it go down because the fish didn't hang on to the bait as long without the salt. But then again I guess you can just add some kind of attractant.

Bead media is better all the way around when compared to salt. I noticed no difference to how long the fish held on to the bait either. The difference is my baits are more durable with the bead media and I get more fish per bait. I never believed the myth that salt works as an attractant or they held on longer because of the salt. I do believe fish hold on to a softer bait longer than a firmer bait. that IMO makes much more difference than salt ever did. With Bead media your baits can be softer than salted baits while maintaining the same or better durability.

There you go Basscandy you got three guys with experience with bead blasting media and salt and they all say the same thing. Stick with the with the blasting media for your stick baits and use the salt for your boiled eggs.

Edited by Big Ray

There you go Basscandy you got three guys with experience with bead blasting media and salt and they all say the same thing. Stick with the with the blasting media for your stick baits and use the salt for your boiled eggs.

BIG RAY,  I saw the responses.  I didn't get the 80 grit I got 40/70 grit.  Looks pretty fine.  6 lb jar of it.  I have not tried it yet, but I cant wait.  No salt = less colorant is what I am guessing.  I use Lure works soft plastic, it is not as soft as LC but I have been using for a while and great results.  I had my softener figured out with salt.  I have a hand pour stick bait mold I will try a small batch with some left over plastic.  Thanks to all and their responses.

Hey thanks Basscandy. Its good that you have a hand pour mold. You won't have to worry about scratching a injector. One thing I noticed is that your Pyrex cups are going to get scratched pretty bad but who cares about that. And like you said about not adding salt you will be able to make the colors you want way easier. One more thing I checked out your website and I like the look of your swimbaits for the saltwater bass. I might want to buy some from you one day.

Edited by Big Ray

One thing about hand pouring plastic with bead media is that you are going to have to be sure you keep it mixed well before pouring. The bead media settles fairly quickly. When hand pouring you're pouring plastic from the top of the cup. If the bead media has settled at all you won't get much (if any) in the plastic being poured in the mold.

Edited by joelhains

One thing about hand pouring plastic with bead media is that you are going to have to be sure you keep it mixed well before pouring. The bead media settles fairly quickly. When hand pouring you're pouring plastic from the top of the cup. If the bead media has settled at all you won't get much (if any) in the plastic being poured in the mold.

Thanks for the tip!

Hey thanks Basscandy. Its good that you have a hand pour mold. You won't have to worry about scratching a injector. One thing I noticed is that your Pyrex cups are going to get scratched pretty bad but who cares about that. And like you said about not adding salt you will be able to make the colors you want way easier. One more thing I checked out your website and I like the look of your swimbaits for the saltwater bass. I might want to buy some from you one day.

Thanks for checking the site...Big Ray