ckarren

What was your most difficult pattern you made?

Man I have more than likely painted nine or so deferent perch patterns. None ever looked right. Then I just sat down and looked at an underwater picture of a perch. That is when I came up with this one. Tell me what you think. I made three templates for spraying this pattern. Is just me or has others had problems painting a good-looking perch bait?

Thanks

-Corey

perch_142.jpg

perch_142.jpg

perch_142.jpg

perch_142.jpg

perch_142.jpg

perch_142.jpg

perch_142.jpg

perch_142.jpg

806_thumb.attach

This lure was painted with a rattle can. I start with black then put the net over the bait and paint the whole thing yellow. Run black over the back and then green over that and down the side some. Then I use a template to do the bars using black then green. Then I use a Template for the gills and faint black dots down the sides. After that is done I take off the net and a fine spray of green on the back and the white on the gills with the last template. Every time that I paint this way I get that reverse scale. I can?t get it when I use the airbrush! :cry:

Thanks

-Corey Karren

Thanks for the Complements.

Nathan the can happen natural for me. I can spray every thing that my buddy can with his airbrush just as good if not better. I am working on the airbrush. I think my downfall is my setup is not right. I have two compressors one the Paasche D500S that has a diaphragm problem. The other is a bigger compressor that has a cheep regulator and it has a pulsation problem with airflow one-way or the other, too much or not enough. When I fix that I know I am going to love the airbrush. :lol:

Thanks

-Corey