Dink Mendez

Top Coat Paint ?

I been using lure jig paint and nail paint for yours on my jigs and darter heads. I don't like the power paint nor the vinyl paints. Has anyone use spray paint or paint I can dip the lure into and hang and try and still be worm proof. I would like to use a paint that I can purchase from either Home depot or Lowes. Worm proofing is my biggest concern.

I personally use the same paint I paint my cranks with, which is Createx. I paint them the same way too. Prime with white, then layer the colors. However I do a few more coats of paint on my jigs and a thicker coat of D2T.

I was wondering about the UV Gel Nail polish type paints, you could paint the jig real quick and then hang it in the little UV cure light contraption. Not sure how well it would hold up, or how hard that stuff gets, but it popped into my head as an alternative to try out.

Mark Poulson uses nail polish a lot.Gets pretty hard, but I don't know how well it holds up to plastic.

If you use a colored nail polish, once it's dried you have to go over it with clear nail polish, or it will react with plastics.

I use Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails clear if I have it, but almost any clear will work.

I add soft plastic flake to clear nail polish, to add flake to my powder painted jig heads.

Edited by mark poulson