smalljaw

I Have A Wire Question I Hope You Can Help Me With.

I'm getting ready to get a wire order and so I was going through my old stock and I noticed something. I have used .035 for 3/8oz and 1/2oz spinnerbaits and I've been using .032 for a few 3/8oz but mostly 1/4oz and when I was looking at the places I normally bought wire from I found that there is no .032 but .031 instead. My question to all of you is when did this happen? I normally get 2 coils of .040, 6 coils of .035, and 2 coils of .032 and it is making me wonder if I've been using .031 for longer than I thought, I don't have a micrometer but now I may end up getting one or maybe a digital caliper to make sure of my wire size but I could have sworn I was buying .032 but I haven't purchased any since December of last year. Anyway, of someone knows if I'm losing my mind I'd appreciate it if you told me, but seriously, if LPO, or Barlows never sold .032 I'd appreciate if you let me know, thanks.

I buy wire forms .032 and they measure .0305 to .031 

I bought some other wire, that I thought was going to be .051 and I needed it to be .051 and it was like .049 and I called and that's just the way it is. 

It's like buying a 2x4 I guess. Now I'm gonna go and measure all my wires and see if I told you right.

I don't know if anything changed, but if you are loosing your mind, maybe you should change your mind and see if that helps.