quintebasser

Spinnerbait Blades

I'll give you some tips, I, like Cadman, use Worth blades exclusively but if you are buying from Barlows or Lure Parts Online be sure to ask which blades they use, I got an Order from Lure Parts Online and found that they were selling Lakeland blades and while they are good too, they don't match up in size to Worth. An example would be a size 4.5 in a Lakeland is a size 5 in a Worth so if you buy from Barlows or Lure Parts or any of those places, stick with them as each will carry a different manufacturer.

• Like 1

I'm looking in the other direction.  I'd like to find some cheap steel blades, preferably Indiana blades, to modify for my chatterbaits.  Any suggestions?

Mark, Lure Parts Online has them, go into the spinner blades category and click on Indiana blades and the first one you see is the economy bulk steel blades, they are pretty cheap per 100 count.

I have a question about "good quality".  What characteristics are we seeking to be good quality.

1. Price

2. Amount of shine

3. Durability

For me it is all about the amount of shine a blade has and will keep with out rusting. I usually buy from Lure parts on line and they have a regal line of blades that have more shine than their other line of blades, but they cost more. Do Worth blades have the most shine (gold blades) of other companies. Can't really tell by a picture on a web site. Thanks for all your help over the years. Musky Glenn