baitman77

Swirl Baits

I'm having issues pouring two different color senkos. I want about an inch of the tail a different color. I do have an aluminum mold but I just pour and don't inject. Is that my problem? Do I just need to get an injector? Ever timee I "pour" the tail color it leaves streaks all the way up the bait from it hitting the sides of the cavity. Please help! Thanks!!

Edited by cacbaseball

If you are trying to just make the tail a different color,   first pour the worms entirely with the color you want the tail to be and than cut off an inch of those worms and place the tail back in the mold and than pour the rest of the worm in the color you want the rest of the body. 

I've never been able to get 2 colors to stick together very well after the first one has cooled enough to demold. 

If you hold your cup higher away from your mold you can pour a very small stream into the center of the hole and not get it on the sides of the cavity.  It takes a little practice but you can learn to do it.  Then if you don't want a core shot you'll have to wait for the tail to set up a bit then pour the second color. 

if you want a better seam between 2 colors that are poured at different times, make sure you keep the first color as warm as possible. and also dont make a perfectly clean cut on the first one. after i cut mine i take and cross cut where the new color will fuse with it. so its not a flat seam it has depth to it.