Vodkaman

Posting With Firefox

Kurt. I am having all kinds of problems posting with FF, from paragraphs unformatting to being unable to post at all and losing my text. Fortunately, I always take the precaution of typing my text in word.

In the end, I had to revert to IE to get my post up - I hate IE with a passion!

I am attempting to post this in FF.

DAve

Now the same text pasted into IE:

Kurt. I am having all kinds of problems posting with FF, from paragraphs unformatting to being unable to post at all and losing my text.

Fortunately, I always take the precaution of typing my text in word.

In the end, I had to revert to IE to get my post up - I hate IE with a passion!

I am attempting to post this in FF.

DAve

Dave,

I was having problems with Firefox recently. It had gotten extremely slow and sometimes wouldn't even load web pages. I ran my anti-virus program a couple times and found nothing. Earlier today I downloaded the free edition of Malwarebytes anti-malware program and it found a lot of stuff that the anti-virus wasn't picking up. Not sure if this applies to you, but it made a big improvement for me.

good luck,

Ben

Update - things have taken a turn for the worse. Now I cannot get in on FF at all. Attached is a screen image of what I get. I remember having this a while back, but cannot remember the solution.

I have had other problems today, with the Indonesian government blocking a lot of sites. But, I found a fix for that and everything is working again. However, because IE is working, this indicates that it is not this blocking problem.

Any ideas!

Actions already taken:

FF 34.0.05

history deleted.

FF re-loaded.

Lots of loging in and out, switchin on and off, rebooting etc.

Dave

Edited by Vodkaman

Hi Dave,

I use Firefox every day here with no issues whatsoever.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Also, what add-ons are you running with Firefox? Sometimes add-ons or extensions can cause problems. And what version of Firefox are you on?

One last thing. Typing in Word and then pasting into the forums can cause issues because Word adds all kinds of strange code to the text when you past it into here.

If you prefer to type in Word and then paste it into the forums, try typing it in Word, then paste it into Notepad, which will remove any extraneous code, then paste it into the forums.

See if that works and let me know. I know it's a few extra steps, but it will help troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks

FF 35 is not an official release yet, so I won't be loading that.

I found the problem, it was adblock plus extension. I thought I had checked this before. I clicked disable in TU and everything started to work. This is good, as I don't want to lose adblock plus because it makes yahoo mail so much more bearable,

Good call Kurt :)

Dave

Edited by Vodkaman
  • Like 1

The problem re-occurred today.

I cleared 'everything' from the history and this solved the problem straight away. Also, with the 4 hour edit privilege, I was able to go back and fix my last post. Note - it was only a week or so since I last emptied the history.

This post is just to inform members with Firefox, I am currently using 43.0.3.

Dave

Edited by Vodkaman