the-bass-catcher

Scrollsaw or Bandsaw?

I had borrowed a scrollsaw to cut my first lures with good success, but now I am looking to invest in one myself. I'm looking for a saw that will give me good precision cuts for side and top profiles for bass lures made of both hardwood and balsa. I'll also need to cut lexan lips with it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! B)

I prefer the scroll saw. The main reason is that I use saw blades that are very thin. They are used to cut PVC pipe. I cut absolutely everything with them. They last months at a time and I can really turn some tight corners and curves with them.

Skeeter

My choice is the bandsaw. With a 1/8" blade I can cut a

very tight radius. With a 3/4" blade I can resaw a large

block. With a 1/4" blade I can block saw baits and slice

them off and have 5-6 baits cut at a time. Block sawing

is the way to go for me.

But, I do use Devcon :lol:

Coley

I don't have near the experience with cutting as other guys here. That being said, I have both saws and much prefer the band saw. The scroll saw is under my work table, haven't used it in a long time. For me, I found the scroll saw to be too squirly causing my cuts to be not as straight as I would like them to be. I have the same problem with the band saw if the blade is too thin.

jed