diemai

A Lost Homemade Lure Came Home

Hi, Folks ,

Haven't posted in a while , but here is a little rather uncommon story about a lost homemade lure :

Picture by the end of the clip downloaded from my own TU gallery site .

Hopefully you'd be able to understand my kinda clumsy spoken English , ........greetings from northern Germany , diemai :yay:

@ RayburnGuy

Sorry for belated reply , Ben , been quite busy through the Xmas Holidays !

It's the second lost lure of mine , that I would get back, but actually the first one came back just one week after I had lost it to a snag close at the bank , ......passed by that particular spot with my bittle boat this time and saw it being washed inbetween the rocky embankment to get stuck inbetween the rocks there .

That "Rapala Down Deep Fat Rap" must have popped back to the surface somehow ,maybe even due to the backward acceleration, when having snapped the line ?

But so far I've also only found "foreign" lures, .......and what bothers me about these nowadays ,ist the fact , that people are obviously unwilling not to spend money on lures anymore , .....I hate taking efforts to pick all of those non-brand cheapos from the trees :lol::lol::lol:!

@Vodkaman

Dave , in fact many years ago I had extra bought fins , a mask and snorkel to dive down to a lure-eating spot in a local gravel pit , ......what I had discovered there at about 9 feet depth , was a 15 foot old punt of oak wood , the bottom cast out with concrete to keep it down , ...I assume , that the gravel pit workers had dumped it there , before the pit became entirely flooded many decades ago ?

In a nutshell , .....amongst dozens of metal lures I had also recovered a "Nils Master Invincible"  from the punt , a famous Finnish timber lure , .....it was supposed to be a floater , but after all of the time being nailed to it's wet grave , it's been soaked up with water and sunk like a brick .

After a few months of drying down the basement and some new topcoats , it was ready for action again .

Having this experience in mind lead into my excitement about seeing my own lure still in such a good condition !

Have yourself a happy and "fishy" New Year , friends , ........Greetings , Dieter :yay:

Edited by diemai

@ RayburnGuy

The missus keeps on telling me the same thing about the lottery numbers  , .......but as it seems ,...... my luck is for lures only , ....no early retirement yet :lol:!

No more lurefishing for pike and zander until May 1st ,...local closing time commences in a few hours from now , ........enough time to maintain tackle and lures for the oncoming season 2015 .

Thanks for wishing well :worship: , ......greetings , Dieter :yay:

........just one week ago it happened again , ....this time I even pulled out my own lost lure by myself , ....exactly after one year of absence from my tacklebox :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlRku97y8Ng

Greetings , Dieter

PS :

Sorry , straight linking by copy and paste on TU does not work for me with my IE browser, .......therefore I just typed in the link , but does not work either, ...maybe someone could put the link into a reply post in here , ...please go to YouTube search function and type in words :

"Another Lost Lure Coming Home"

Search result should then be on top of list , .....my YouTube user name is "61diemai" , .....sorry for inconvinience , .....thanks a lot , Dieter

Edited by diemai

@ fshng2

Thanks a bunch for having helped my with putting up that straight link , .....I knew , that there would be fellow members chiming in to help me out !

@ all

Thanks a lot for your kind words , it is really a great opportunity to  review my own lure work .

After having thought over it , I'm not so sure anymore , ......because in the video I'm saying , that the lure must have soaked up water to lay in the water so deep at rest , .........I think now , that difficulties did occur at the build of the lure , ........I seem to remember, that I was unable to place enough ballast into the lure's rear to counterbalance the weight of the bigger 3.0mm lexan lip , ........so I placed as much ballast as possible to let the lure hang that deep .

Also a reason , that I had lost that lure there , maybe , , ....as this lack of built-in buoancy did not allow it to pop off those underwater obstacles quick enough ?

Anyway , I'd leave it in my lure rack to dry until Xmas and then rig the hooks and drop it in my trusty bath tub to figure out , whether it would then float up higher or not , .........I'd report back in here then !

Best greetings ,Dieter :yay: