benton B

Where To Buy Bulk Balsa Wood

Benton,

Coley gave me this link long ago. http://www.balsausa.com/#/balsa-wood/4553934074. I just went to it and it still works. According to Coley you could specify whether you want hard balsa (like the bagleys were made of) or soft balsa like is used in kit plane building. There is a rating system for balsa. Coley knew all of that stuff and taught it to me.... but that was a long time ago. There is a customer service number on the page and I am sure they would be glad to help you. That is where Coley learned about the grading system. Hope this helps and works out. Later buddy.

Skeeter

Just spoke with Balsa USA.  Nice people, and very helpful.  The prices look competitive.  There is a 25% surcharge for hand select, and shipping is $15 for orders up to $100.  They said the sizes I buy should be cut from the density I want to begin with, so probably no need to specify hand select.  Not to hijack this thread, but they also sell a 30 min epoxy that might be worth experimenting with, and a selection of CA glues.

Benton,

Coley gave me this link long ago. http://www.balsausa.com/#/balsa-wood/4553934074. I just went to it and it still works. According to Coley you could specify whether you want hard balsa (like the bagleys were made of) or soft balsa like is used in kit plane building. There is a rating system for balsa. Coley knew all of that stuff and taught it to me.... but that was a long time ago. There is a customer service number on the page and I am sure they would be glad to help you. That is where Coley learned about the grading system. Hope this helps and works out. Later buddy.

Skeeter

Thanks for posting that Skeeter. I think that's one of the links I lost when my computer went belly up and I had to reformat it.

Ben

Thanks for all the info guys.  I'm not going to name the company that I'm having problems with but they are suppose to hand select my wood but I keep getting very soft balsa in my orders.   I'm tired of paying extra for the sevice and not getting the said service.   By the way I have a load of med density balsa if anyone is interested.