Cliff

Createx Olive ??

Cliff,

I start with Createx medium green and then start adding drops of black. The amount of drops depends on how much you want to mix. But remember you can always add more blck. I think I use about 6 drops in a 2 ounce bottle of med. green to get an olive color.I like to mix colors like this because it gives baits a more custom look. :D

Cliff,

You can get a good color range of olive green by using only yellow and black. Start with opaque yellow and add a very, very small amount of opaque black. I prefer to mix only the amount I am going to use at that time. You can take a small bottle and add a tablespoon of the opaque yellow and add only a drop of opaque black at first, mix well and then add even less black a time to get the color you desire. The trick is to go slow adding only a very small amount of black. You will be amazed at how small of amount of black it takes.

You can add very small amounts of black by using a toothpick or a small paint brush dipped in the black to stir the mixture. You can also add a few drops of opaque white or pearl white to lighten the shade. You can also add some chameleon gold or pearl gold to adjust the color and give it a whole different look. Go to a craft store where they sell art supplies and pickup a color wheel. You might even find a color wheel at Walmart. It can be very helpful tool.

Good luck and have fun mixing. B)

Bill