mdojet

Lure Drying Wheel

2 posts in this topic

Thanks to the many posts on this forum in helping me put together ideas for my version of a lure drying wheel!

I bought a universal grill rotisserie kit.   Then I went to Michael's Craft shop and got 5inch wooden disks for .99c each. I bought some binder clips, screws and washers to put on the edge of the disks. I alternated the direction of the binder clips so that the lures wouldnt interfere with each other. The biggest dilemia I had was "How was I going to secure the wooden disks to the rotisserie spit"?  I went to a "big box" home improvement store and they were no help. I went to my local Ace Hardware where I KNOW I can get great service and these guys know their products and very friendly.  The shop owner found these metal collars with a set screw! The wooden disks slipped slighly but I had rubbery medical tape I put under it and helps secure it in place from slipping.

I have 2 disks and I also made sure to stagger the clips between the two wheels as well so the larger lures wont interfere with the ones on the opposing disk (wheel).

This was a very simple project and hope this helps!

One thing to note.. Those binder clips didnt initially hold my baits well.. kept slipping so I used that rubber medical tape and placed a couple strips inside the jaws of the clips to hold the baits more securely. I'm sure pieces of duct tape would work just as well.

IMG_5872.mov

DryingWheel1.jpg

DryingWheel2.jpg

IMG_5872.mov

DryingWheel1.jpg

DryingWheel2.jpg

IMG_5872.mov

DryingWheel1.jpg

DryingWheel2.jpg

IMG_5872.mov

DryingWheel1.jpg

DryingWheel2.jpg