CObasser

Ventilation ?

I have recently come into some extra space in the basement ( a totally divided work area ) ........i want a decent system exhaust without major cost . I am looking at hooking 1 or  2 of these up to one exhaust hose for plastics , lead and paint .....any thoughts or better ideas ? Its a  master air brush system ,cost is $85.00 on amazon.  

41D-O-0uJtL.jpg

Just my 2 ct but what I did was got a gable vent from lowes made a sheet metal cover for the back and then hooked a 12 duct up to the back of it and vented it outside the other side is hooked up to an old range hood . I make a lot of plastic this is what works for me.

Plastic fumes are something you don't want to mess around with long term exposure is not good for you. I don't think what your looking at is going to do you any good for the plastic. I pour plastic and lead with mine and the worst problem with my set up is it pulls the air out of my shop which leads me to my point of you going to need make up air for what you're pulling out of the room . I'm not trying to rain on your parade I just want to see you or your family hurt

I made the mistake of under sizing and ended up tearing it all out & upsizing to a commercial food service hood similar to this;

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/eagle-group-hdc3648-spec-air-condensate-exhaust-hood-48-x-36-x-20/575HDC3648.html

I found one with built in lights and adjustable fan volume. Watch Craigslist for restaurant equipment.

I hooked this up to 8 inch duct to an exterior wall vent. Don't underestimate the duct size needed to move the volume of air you want to move. Of course, make up air has to be considered (where is fresh air coming from ?). In the winter you will be pumping heated air out unless you strategically place an air intake source. I got help from a good HVAC contractor and should have done that from the start.

I to am in the basement, I put a dual fan in the window, hung same fan of the rafters and put a desk fan on top of my microwave.  I cut a piece of 4x8 insulation to fit fan in window. I can still smell the plastic, but the wife can not smell anything up stairs.  I draws the fumes out just fine, cost me like $48 total.