Semi22lr

Inconsistantancy In Colorant - Need Advice

Started injecting about 3 weeks ago as a hobby and ran into an issue when I reordered colorants from the same supplier. The first colorants I bought were in 1oz bottles. I used 24 drops of one color and 8 drops of another color in a Junebug recipe in 6oz of plastic along with stabilizer and glitter. Repeatedly made this recipe with very consistent results until the primary colorant was gone so I reordered a pint of each of the colorants from the same manufacturer to save some money. Now I can't get the color back. I've attempted thoroughly mixing the colorants by violent shaking the pint containers before transferring to smaller containers. No luck so far. Going to add a nut to the pint and see if that helps mix it better.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Edited by Semi22lr

yeah buying pints is your best bet, those will last a long long time!

you'll just have to do a few batches with different drop amounts to get close, write all your drops down so once you find the right drop count. you can adjust on the already made batches to even them out. its a numbers game!