Chuy77

Custom Baits Magazine

I guess I don't understand ......... Every other website allows me to open their sites not in a mobile mode but full website. I don't know many people that use computers anymore except at work and most of them are blocked. You'll never get the following you need to get the advertisers unless you let people access it via their tablets. I'd love to see it but I'm not going to wait for my computer to boot to see it. Have you looked into other hosts? This one sounds screwy

I guess I don't understand ......... Every other website allows me to open their sites not in a mobile mode but full website. I don't know many people that use computers anymore except at work and most of them are blocked. You'll never get the following you need to get the advertisers unless you let people access it via their tablets. I'd love to see it but I'm not going to wait for my computer to boot to see it. Have you looked into other hosts? This one sounds screwy

I think it was set up this way for financial reasons... To get the ball rolling

But im confused with you... My mobile phone can access any site that a computer can, except this one

Seems backwards to me... As if this host must go to extra efforts to detect and reject mobile devices......... But im not a computer programer, so im sure there is a logical explaination

I only use a desk top/laptop and I find the site unuseable. I can zoom the page to a level that is readable, but then I cannot turn the pages. It is all just too slow and inconvenient.

The idea is really good and I like the content, it just needs a better vehicle to carry it.

Dave

I want to get started with the next issues we have scheduled. Therefore, if any of you would like to feature your baits in the magazine as a bait builder like you have seen in previous issues please email me. It doesn't matter if you are a business or a hobbyist everyone is welcome to be in the feature. All article contributions are welcome including DIY projects just let me know what you are interested in. Please don’t contact me if we can place your baits on the cover of CBM. We award the cover to the best bait according to the ones that are chosen for that particular issue.  Last year we had many we couldn’t showcase do to page availability but this year we can fit up to 4 of you in an issue.

Check in our Facebook page for more information, sometimes we need help with special projects for upcoming articles or features.

Thanks

Chuy Jr

I just clicked on it and it worked for me on my iphone. What I can tell you is that Im working with the host to allow me to put the issues in PDF format there so you can access them. I cant just email the PDF files because one it would take to much time, and two the PDF is too large. Im trying my best just asking for a little patience.

Chuy - Stick with it, the E-mag is a great project. I am sure you will figure out the best solutions in the end.

I guess the big problem is catering for all the reader formats; some, like me, using desk tops, some using older tech, probably most using new tech tablets.

I have a tablet; Samsung Galaxy something or other. BUT, I only use it as a phone, GPS and viewer for my GoPro, NEVER as a computer. I sit at my desktop all day, so don't need the tiny screen of a tablet.

I like the PDF solution, but I am sure there are other solutions. I agree, having to send out to individuals is not the route to go. A website that links all the issues for reading or downloading seems like an efficient route, requiring very little web power.

We will continue to voice our problems and issues, but don't take this as negative to get you down. We like your idea and want it.

Dave

Gentlemen, 

I have no intention of stopping at this point. I don't give up on things that easy. I was completely aware of all the issues I would be facing before I published CBM. The solution to the fix would be either I get more sponsors, which I have tried hard in doing, or you guys pay a subscription fee to cover the cost. PDF version is great, but the digital version is a lot better. Same thing with subscriptions, they want to preview something that is FREE to subscribe. Or don't want to cause they think their going to get spam mail. I have gotten emails from so many people telling me that they won't cause they say I shouldn't force them too. I'm not forcing you to do anything, I'm giving you a product that takes alot of my time, and those that get featured, and offering it to you for free. I don't need emails accusing me of being like "Our Government "  and that I'm forcing people. Then I go and search your forum name and have it show up in 3 to 5 forums on the internet, were you have to provide an email address. 

Bottom line guys, I'm not giving up, I love it! Publishing has always been a hobby of mine and have no intention of giving it up. I'm open to ideas, willing to fix the issues I can with in my reach. I hope you guys enjoy the Anniversary Issue coming up. Deadline to submit your stuff whether it's an article or bait pictures is February 24, 2016. 

Thank you guys again for the feedback and for supporting this project. 

Chuy Jr

Edited by Chuy Jr