Benzin555

Daler Rowney Liquid Acrylics

I just picked up a 1oz bottle of Daler Rowney Liquid Acrylic. The color is Galactic Blue not sure if it will shoot well as I am unsure of the particle size of the pearl. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this paint. The color looks amazing so I had to buy it. I did A search here and didn't find any hits. By the way first post here for me...new to the site but love it so far. Any assistance would be appreciated!!!

Just got home and did some research. Some of the sites say you can shoot it with some of the larger tip. Mine is a Badger 105 Patriot with .35 nozzle.needle so we will see if it works here in a little bit. The color is really nice so if it doesnt work it may be worth getting a larger .50.

The bottle comes with a dropper not a brush. It is a 1oz bottle and it was 5.99 at Hobby Lobby before the 40% off coupon...so it is more expensive than the typical Createx/Wicked Colors they sell. Actually 2x the price.

I will post results here in a little bit.

I've got two bottles of this to try out. The label on my bottles have a pic of an airbrush and a brush so I assumed it was airbrush able . The bottles I have have the dropper in them as well and the colors look great but I haven't shot any of it either so I hope your results are good

Well initial results are in. It really needs to be reduced. I have it spraying fairly well at about 75% reducer (50/50 pledge Floor Shine and water) 25% paint but have to spray at about 30 psi and it does clog up hear and there. Just tested on PVC pipe but going to spray some baits tonight. If I have luck I will post to my gallery. I don't like spraying that high pressure but for large coverage it will do. I think a .5 nozzle would be ideal.

I have been using the Daler-Rowney Inks for a while.  I have not used the pearlized colors however.  There has been no problem interacting with other airbrush paints or top coats.  For several colors I prefer the Inks.  They seem to have very fine pattern, and spray very well.  I was able to purchase larger bottles which gets the cost down significantly.

Well initial results are in. It really needs to be reduced. I have it spraying fairly well at about 75% reducer (50/50 pledge Floor Shine and water) 25% paint but have to spray at about 30 psi and it does clog up hear and there. Just tested on PVC pipe but going to spray some baits tonight. If I have luck I will post to my gallery. I don't like spraying that high pressure but for large coverage it will do. I think a .5 nozzle would be ideal.

I think reducing with Pledge is overkill, and makes clean up a bear.

Have you tried reducing with AutoAire reducers, like their 4011 or 4012?

I have just begun to expire meant with pledge. It does seem to flow a bit better than the reducers that you mentioned but now that you mention it cleaning has been a tad more difficult. I have tried the wiked reducers but not the auto aire reducers. Is there much of a difference.

I use them at the time. great opaque colors. I agree the pearl colors have to be thinned way down. It's a pain to heat set in between colors. Its also really important that you clean the brush very thoroughly otherwise it's gunks up super easy

Edited by George @ Mythik

Is this the pledge product you guys are referring to

image.jpg

Jaw if you have a hard time finding it for which I did in my area, go onto Lowes website you can order it for pick up at your local store at no additional cost, if you don't have a lowes try home depot with the same scenario that's how I got mine I just couldn't find it anywhere near me on the shelf and I went to no less than 10 places.

Edited by Gon2long

Thanks I'll look around this week. The bottle in my pic has been in my shop for three years.I never used any of it,really forgot about it glad I didn't shoot any of it now may have been a mess. I thought I grabbed the right stuff but when I got it out of my cabinet and reread the label it wasn't what I remembered so I thought I would check. Guess I will donate it to the cleaning closet