camrynekai

Two Color System Completed!

A couple of updates.

Installed a locking bracket for the injector to help secure it during filling

PotLock.jpg

and also added a support bracket to the blending valve to eliminate flexing of the pot tubes.

reinforecmentbracket.jpg

Now just awaiting on the production molds ;) cant wait to off these little 10 cavity molds.

PotLock.jpg

reinforecmentbracket.jpg

PotLock.jpg

reinforecmentbracket.jpg

PotLock.jpg

reinforecmentbracket.jpg

PotLock.jpg

reinforecmentbracket.jpg

PotLock.jpg

reinforecmentbracket.jpg

PotLock.jpg

reinforecmentbracket.jpg

PotLock.jpg

reinforecmentbracket.jpg

post-12145-0-93531300-1426011514_thumb.jpg

post-12145-0-90435300-1426011848_thumb.jpg

A couple of updates.

Installed a locking bracket for the injector to help secure it during filling

attachicon.gifPotLock.jpg

and also added a support bracket to the blending valve to eliminate flexing of the pot tubes.

attachicon.gifreinforecmentbracket.jpg

Now just awaiting on the production molds ;) cant wait to off these little 10 cavity molds.

U Da Man!!!

• Like 1

Thank you Rupert, It was my pleasure! I really cant thank you enough for your assistance and generosity. Everything is spot on and the lock works absolutely perfect!!! Tell ya one thing, I have the crappiest timing....wish I saw your new small 3 valve unit before I started mine. LOL I'm sure I will out grow mine after the production molds come....might be hearing from me soon!

• Like 1

What did you use for a stepper controller?  I'm in the process of converting all my small CNCs from stepper to Servo control, and I am starting to get a stack of spare stepper motors.  Using them for low RPM drives makes perfect sense, because that is the one thing steppers do well.  They product high torque (relatively) at low speeds.  

I mean I could certainly make a 555 based pulse source, and use a standard stepper driver, but that just seems like overkill.  

• Like 1

What did you use for a stepper controller?  I'm in the process of converting all my small CNCs from stepper to Servo control, and I am starting to get a stack of spare stepper motors.  Using them for low RPM drives makes perfect sense, because that is the one thing steppers do well.  They product high torque (relatively) at low speeds.  

I mean I could certainly make a 555 based pulse source, and use a standard stepper driver, but that just seems like overkill.  

I love it when you talk dirty!  Hahaha

• Like 1

I have two types of speed controllers.....a 200Khz DIY version with duty cycle control and a 200Khz prefab controller with 50/50 duty cycle. I also use the TB6560AHQ for my driver....both a DIY and a Prefab. You can expect 150RPM out of the Prefab stuff, with a low to moderate noise level and my DIY controller will get you up to 200RPM's and is whisper quiet. (BTW) Both the DIY and Prefab driver I ran a 90pf ref. capacitor for maximum speed and since everything is local I eliminated the opto-couplers.....that really cuts down on hi-speed harmonics due to the lower slew.

The prefab I used came from China VIA. Ebay....driver was $14 and the Controller was $25 and shipping was $2.95.....was on my doorstep in 5 days imagine that!

Driver board used
stepperdriver.jpg

Speed Controller used
stepperspeedcontroler.jpg

stepperdriver.jpg

stepperdriver.jpg

stepperdriver.jpg

stepperdriver.jpg

stepperdriver.jpg

stepperdriver.jpg

stepperdriver.jpg

post-12145-0-99159200-1427114288_thumb.jpg

post-12145-0-36086000-1427114363_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A few more photo's of the man cave. I use this bench to demold my baits and heat my coffee.

Demolding Bench.jpg

A closer look at my Senko Curing Racks....each one holds about 330 Sticks.

Senko Curing Rack2.jpg

This is where I keep my personal Stash ;)

Senko rack.jpg

This rack I made out of some old equipment rack filler plates.

Color Rack.jpg

And my OCD Glitter rack

glitter rack.jpg 

Demolding Bench.jpg

Senko Curing Rack2.jpg

Senko rack.jpg

Color Rack.jpg

glitter rack.jpg

Demolding Bench.jpg

Senko Curing Rack2.jpg

Senko rack.jpg

Color Rack.jpg

glitter rack.jpg

Demolding Bench.jpg

Senko Curing Rack2.jpg

Senko rack.jpg

Color Rack.jpg

glitter rack.jpg

Demolding Bench.jpg

Senko Curing Rack2.jpg

Senko rack.jpg

Color Rack.jpg

glitter rack.jpg

Demolding Bench.jpg

Senko Curing Rack2.jpg

Senko rack.jpg

Color Rack.jpg

glitter rack.jpg

Demolding Bench.jpg

Senko Curing Rack2.jpg

Senko rack.jpg

Color Rack.jpg

glitter rack.jpg

Demolding Bench.jpg

Senko Curing Rack2.jpg

Senko rack.jpg

Color Rack.jpg

glitter rack.jpg

post-12145-0-69921400-1427290808_thumb.jpg

post-12145-0-22992300-1427290939_thumb.jpg

post-12145-0-20433000-1427291113_thumb.jpg

post-12145-0-21836200-1427291391_thumb.jpg

post-12145-0-92229700-1427291434_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Update....Been beating this thing to death this summer and other then a few nozzle o-rings going bad, it has been truly flawless. The Ultra molds twin injector is soooooo freaking cool! From raw plastic to empty molds is taking me about 17 minutes for 90 5" salted sticks. Wish I had this years ago!!!

I have had my Ultra Molds MSS for a couple of months but we have been so busy with the store that I had only had time to test it a few times until recently, I am impressed! It took a little trial and error to get the temperature controls figured out but once I did they work prefect. You can really go through some plastic with this unit. Is the nozzle o-ring a standard o-ring or is it high heat? I agree, I wish I had this unit 20 years ago, when i was still young enough to really take advantage of it!