camrynekai

Two Color System Completed!

Took the bull by the horns several years ago seeking to replicate the Senko. Many, many proto types later and here she is. A perfect Senko making system that puts out an accurate salt to plastic ratio from the first to the last drop (without flour salt...YUK), accurate temperature control and sized to make 100 5" sticks. The Shooting Star blending system is the bomb!!! all the years of gravity feed pouring is long gone. This is not any form of plug....unit NOT for sale.

2colormachine.JPG

2colormachine.JPG

2colormachine.JPG

2colormachine.JPG

2colormachine.JPG

2colormachine.JPG

2colormachine.JPG

2colormachine.JPG

post-12145-0-96594800-1422632112_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Took the bull by the horns several years ago seeking to replicate the Senko. Many, many proto types later and here she is. A perfect Senko making system that puts out an accurate salt to plastic ratio from the first to the last drop (without flour salt...YUK), accurate temperature control and sized to make 100 5" sticks. The Shooting Star blending system is the bomb!!! all the years of gravity feed pouring is long gone. This is not any form of plug....unit NOT for sale.

Just an idea; maybe you can put together a How to book on building one and supplies needed. I would be interested for sure. Or put some unit together for sale I would also would interested in one. Great effort and time for sure. I LIKE IT! :D

• Like 1

I talked to Rupert at Ultramolds about 6 months ago and they were working on a smaller Shooting Star unit. I have tried to call and and email for the past month and have not been able to get in touch with Rupert or Chris. The last I knew they were still waiting on one or two components. Maybe someone else has some news on the smaller unit.

I talked to Rupert at Ultramolds about 6 months ago and they were working on a smaller Shooting Star unit. I have tried to call and and email for the past month and have not been able to get in touch with Rupert or Chris. The last I knew they were still waiting on one or two components. Maybe someone else has some news on the smaller unit.

I talked to Rupert before Christmas and he was leaving for England until the end of Feb i believe to deal with some family matters. 

Thanks guys.

The one you see in the photo cost me about 1350.00...using all top shelf components. I also have 3 other proto types(gravity feed types) that I have made over the years....so all in all I have spent a few grand on this project. On the out side it looks like your standard paddle blade mixer, but its anything but that. Problem I had with 99% of the marketed units is that salt content from stat to finish is not consistent enough for me and that the size is a bit much for my personal use. I went outside the box and designed a pump that would move my product from bottom to top instead of round and round and topped it off with robotic stepper motors to do the work....end result is a bait made with the correct salt and are within grains from the first worm to the last. I cant say enough great things about the shooting star system.....its just plain BAD ASS!!! very well engineered piece that is just spot on! Don't think I will be doing any kind of book on how to build this unit....at least on my pump design.

Craw.jpg

Craw.jpg

Craw.jpg

Craw.jpg

Craw.jpg

Craw.jpg

Craw.jpg

Craw.jpg

post-12145-0-97923300-1422891311_thumb.jpg

Hi, this is Rupert from Ultramolds. I'm back from England now.

Apologies to anyone who has being trying to contact us, Chris has been "snowed" under with work while I've been home on personal business. Apologies for any non returned messages/emails.

Awesome looking system you have there!! Great customization and ingenuity, absolutely love it!

Yes we have our mini system working and on sale. Please contact me directly.

Sorry for stealing your thread Camrynekai

• Like 1

Thank you for your kind words. You have really made an excellent job of your system, must have taken several days/weeks to work all that wiring out!!

Thank you again, The wiring was not as bad as it looks, takes much longer to cut, drill and tap all the aluminum parts with limited shop tools. Here is my 3rd prototype that has been in service for over 3 years and many, many 1,000's of stick baits have been poured through it. Its just a gravity feed unit....mainly was seeing how well the pump performance was before venturing into a two color unit.

prototype3.jpg

prototype3.jpg

prototype3.jpg

prototype3.jpg

prototype3.jpg

prototype3.jpg

prototype3.jpg

prototype3.jpg

post-12145-0-78200300-1422982933_thumb.jpg

Thank you Rupert, Great job on the genII Shooting Star, very, very well thought out piece and it just works flawlessly. Here is a shot of the rear of the unit in case any of you wanted to see the electronics.

Wow!!!

It looks like a control panel from NASA, or a music system.

Hat's off to you!

Edited by mark poulson
  • Like 1

Holy crap...the work some of you guys are able to achieve is absolutely incredible. Wish I had the skills/knowledge to build something like that! I went in another way with my knowledge which would be medical knowledge on how the body works/why it doesn't/how to fix it when it's broken but would LOVE to when day be able to learn how to do some metal working and wiring when I retire many many years from now haha.

• Like 1

LMAO....funny how you mentioned Music Systems.....its what I do for a living. Here is my latest one.

I fish with a guy who is a musician, and does the studio work for sets as an electronic engineer.

You guys are sure wired different!   Hahaha

I'm glad you found a way to make your day job knowledge help you in your hobby.   :yay:  :yay:

• Like 1