Chip

The THIRD Topcoat

I posted the formula after I saw this post and did not know if I was the intended:

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:57 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some are just unwilling to share their secrets.

Example: Is there something better than Etex and Devcon to finish our baits? You bet there is...will the source of knowledge tell us? NO!!

Why?...Fear of competition? I don't know, but I do know there are a K-Zillion fisherman out there in this world, and NO one person could possibly service them all

I do have a patient on the mixture and a register on the trade name in process. I do however want everyone here to know that I will openly share what I do for hobby use. Please email me anytime with questions...

To answer your questions below, this is a 12 month R&D project that I completed with a business partner. He is a chemical engineer and worked in the coating industry.

All of the materials are available commercially though you may need to be a business to purchase.

I have now removed the formula, but email me if you want some more info.

and YES!!! I still like Etex over Devcon!!! :twisted:

Yall have a great day!

Chip :D

p.s.: I mean it.... email me anytime!!! I enjoy the banter! :D

Nooooo! Waaaiitt JED! 8O I tried it and it blew up! Now I've got a cotten cordell and rubber gloves plasticized to my hair!

I shoulda known the bold red font means dont try this at home lol :lol:

Dang chip where'd ya get the recipe for that? What company makes it with those ingredients?

Shawn

Terrys probably taking about me. If you haven't noticed I don't get involved in the Etex Devcon battle because I don't use them. One of my old High School buddies became a chemist for 3M and I told him what I wanted and he made it up for me. I don't know what else to tell ya Terry but I'm no chemist so I really don't know what's in the stuff. Hard to share something when you don't know what's in it. Sorry!

Yah Tim,

I have had to develop something that could be sprayed and dry in to touch minutes. There is a wide gap between durable and quick dry and I have had to try and pull the two together.

Tim... I also wanted to say that you are quite the inspiration as I have built my business. Not just your paint jobs, but your post, site and successes. CUDOS!

Yall take Care!

Chip :D

I'll second that CUDOS to Tim and Tim more than inspired me.

Tim, you have a special gift and a unique style and flare for colors and color combinations. I've been an artist most my life but not lure painting till almost a year ago. I think I learn something every time I paint a lure or try something new. Your paint jobs have subtle changes from color to color...I love that.

Your scale patterns don't scream at ya, but they're very subtle...like a real bait fish.

Ya couldn't torture me to say anything negative about Tim Hughes!!

Guess I was wrong...we now have a 5th :wink:

Thanks Chip and Terry for your comments. I feel truly humbled and don't know what to say. I just love building and painting baits just like you guys. And, don't think for one minute I haven't learned something from both of you. Its a blessing to gain knowledge from all of the posts on this site. Never stop experimenting and learning. Thanks again guys.