pouringbaits55

Yamamoto Cinnamonred/blue Flake Recipe

I had someone ask me to shoot some 221 (cinnamon with black and purple flake) yesterday.  I've always been a proponent of MF cinnamon to match the Yamamoto color, but without heavy salt it's way too black.  Since I had a bag of 221 swim senkos on the shelf I started playing with the color and looking at what was on the shelf.  This is what I came up with and it's almost dead nuts on...

4 oz plastic

40 drops Bear's scuppernog

2 drops LC white

1 drop black

3 smidgens .035 purple flake

3 smidgens .035 black flake

I had someone ask me to shoot some 221 (cinnamon with black and purple flake) yesterday.  I've always been a proponent of MF cinnamon to match the Yamamoto color, but without heavy salt it's way too black.  Since I had a bag of 221 swim senkos on the shelf I started playing with the color and looking at what was on the shelf.  This is what I came up with and it's almost dead nuts on...

4 oz plastic

40 drops Bear's scuppernog

2 drops LC white

1 drop black

3 smidgens .035 purple flake

3 smidgens .035 black flake

i guess lure works (spike -it ) scuppernong would work in place of bears?

think some one said b4 that they got there pigments of the same dealer????

Without a sample to look at its hard to help. I searched Yamamoto's site and I think the best route would be Cotton Candy 165 colorant from LureWorks. That would give you a brown surface tone with a pinkish under tone. The Cotton Candy 165 looks different when hot versus when it cools. When you first use it wait for you bait to cool down before you make any adjustments to your final formulation. The sample chips I poured don't have any salt in them so take that into consideration when evaluating them.

Cotton Candy 165 (Heavy load)