ING

White And Matte Silver Plated Blades

The difference is color and/or gloss, matte silver is still silver, it just doesn't have any gloss and when light hits it the silver can have the appearance of white. White on the other hand is mostly clear coated, I don't see a lot of matte white but in the world of salmon and steelhead everything is different.

JacksTackle from R&B wrote: White silver is not the same as Matte silver or White Matte silver. Huge difference.

So, what the difference in appearance and what technological difference is?

Edited by ING

JacksTackle from R&B wrote: White silver is not the same as Matte silver or White Matte silver. Huge difference.

So, what the difference in appearance and what technological difference is?

Now that is something I can't help you with, you asked the difference between white and matte silver, I thought you meant the color white compared to matte silver not white silver compared to matte silver, I apologize, my mistake.

I've recently bought matte silver plated blades from E-Bay.

Ugly grey color. Nothing similar with white non-shiny plating from R&B.

Unfortunately, they stop sold their white matte blades. Thinking to try plate blades myself but it is requires a lot of expensive chemicals and knowing a "secret" technology to make them White Matte appearance. 

LOL - sounds to me like sales gimmicks.  Yes, I am sure there is a difference, and in the same note, at times each version could have it's time.

But, how do we answer the question?  There is no color chart giving clarification on this, anymore then there is a color chart giving clarification on the 500 colors of red lipstick.  ROFLOL.

I suggest that the best you can do is to get samples from the makers and compare them to what you need.

Yes, I am talking about in-line spinners particularly for salmon. If I understand right, white matte - it is blades that have color like Mepps or BF blades, only without luster. How B&R make them it is a secret. Matte blades - it is (IMHO) silver plated blades that not polished after plating and have grey tint.

If you rub shiny blade by wire wool or sand paper, it is also becoming matte, but it is risky: plating leer very thin and could be easy damaged.

Edited by ING

Yes, it is but we are fishing in the water and main part of that how spinner looks under water.

Good polished silver reflecting the beam basically in one direction and less visible under another points of view.

White matte silver is looking almost the same white color under different angles from different directions.

R&B are using some special technology for getting "powdered" appearance of blades.    

Edited by ING