BassPro55

Ingredients For Soft Plastic Mold

Mold silicone  is easy to use, but not cheap.  And can have odd outcomes, I tried to copy a Berkley Gulp bait and the silicone did not completely cure, it does make usable bait.

I don’t know about Plaster of Paris, but I ran into some Durham’s water putty (very rare here north of the border ) but is was very easy to use as well. But as with all of the hard mold materials no undercuts unless the master is soft. My first attempt turned out reasonably well. Since they set up fast bubbles can be a problem, there are ways to slow down curing and  reduce the bubble issue. I will go back and buy the rest I saw it’s not as cheap as POP, but not what you would call expensive.

I have not tried bondo/resin yet

If you are using RTV, then sometimes you can have issues if the Master you are molding is of certain materials.  I have not tried molding a Berkley Gulp, but it sounds like it has some sulfur in it and that is one of the cure inhibitors for the liquid RTV's.  If you used mold putty then it would be fine, or ....... dip the gulp bait in a clear coat (won't last but who cares) and use that as a master.