smallmouthaholic

Ultra-Molds 3-To1 Ratio Dual Injector

These pics had to be taken indoors w/ a flash due to the extreme cold air temps. during this day and week.I believe the high today was 18 degrees. Featured are -

A- 3-1 ratio,dual injector

B- 4/ 2 color River darter swim-baits in sizes-

3.00"(solid body)

3.25"(solid body

3.75" slotted body

4.75" slotted body

C- Single darter pic showing injection lines

The baits have a glimmer ,iridescent natural minnow color that I have developed over time. The camera flash over emphasizes the glimmer to a degree.

P1050076.JPG

P1050081.JPG

P1050076.JPG

P1050081.JPG

P1050076.JPG

P1050081.JPG

P1050076.JPG

P1050081.JPG

P1050076.JPG

P1050081.JPG

P1050076.JPG

P1050081.JPG

P1050076.JPG

P1050081.JPG

P1050076.JPG

P1050081.JPG

post-14801-0-78130100-1424482328_thumb.jpg

post-14801-0-04001500-1424482348_thumb.jpg

How do you fill the injectors? Can you do it by hand or do you need the complete injection system?

You must have the new ,Ultra-molds -Shooting Star System.It's a gem of an unit. About $1200.00 w/ all the bells and whistles. Heated injectors plus small aluminum pots w/ stirrers and individual,precise heater controls. You can also purchase the newer blending block w/ dual injectors that will attach to your presto pots( if they are still available). Chris Archer currently has a long waiting list for the new,complete system. Email is the best way to contact him.

http://ultramolds.com/contact-page/

Edited by smallmouthaholic
  • Like 1

Hey Smallmouthalholic, what size are the pot? Do you know how many 5 inch senko one can shoot of a equal pot mix. I use Sta-warm gravity pots for open pouring mold and top pour mold. I would like to purchase Shooting star for grubs and other injection molds.

The new mini SS features 2qt pots. 

Those of you with this shooting star system... how much plastic remains in the pot once you can't get any more out of it? Is there any waste? Also do you cook the plastic in the pots or is it best to heat in the microwave then transfer to the pots?

The new Shooting Star System has a sump in the bottom of each pot so there is little waste.I had Chris Archer make me special fittings( for the original system) that tilted each Presto Pot towards the blending block reducing the leftover plastic by 50%.

I prefer to cook the plastic in the Presto pots-using the microwave to heat leftovers just a bit.A microwave is not plastisol friendly

• Like 1

Thank you. I have the mini system on order. I am currently using Bear's system but really needed a smaller capacity set up. I shoot a lot of White and also Pearl, so I must get the plastic worked up a fast as possible. 10 minutes isn't a problem, I have enough molds to get 2 quarts shot in about 20 minutes.

Thank you. I have the mini system on order. I am currently using Bear's system but really needed a smaller capacity set up. I shoot a lot of White and also Pearl, so I must get the plastic worked up a fast as possible. 10 minutes isn't a problem, I have enough molds to get 2 quarts shot in about 20 minutes.

Be careful heating your whites and pearls quickly on a high heat setting and monitor your temps. frequently.