Cbread76

I'm A Newb, But I Final Did It!

Not perfect, but it's awesome. After making my master out of craft Popsicle sticks and clay, making a mold out of POP, I have finally made my bait. Thanks to this website to which I came across less than a week ago I have achieved success. Thanks to those on tis site for help, especially Mantase and the videos from his website. I was trying to use silicon caulk and mess to make my mold, but it was a terrible episode of Breaking Bad

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

post-47423-0-66056700-1424907567_thumb.jpg

post-47423-0-86606200-1424907626_thumb.jpg

post-47423-0-11958300-1424907659_thumb.jpg

post-47423-0-86463700-1424907686_thumb.jpg

post-47423-0-97020100-1424907706_thumb.jpg

post-47423-0-92796800-1424907730_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Put a little weight forward belly weight in that swim bait, and wake it thru the tulies.  YOU WILL GET YOUR ARM BROKE BY A TOAD.  If you position the weight just right it will nose down into a bed when you see one and let it drop.  Be ready to set the hook FAST & HARD.  If you have crappie in your local waters try making some with a tiny dash of pearl powder, a big dash of shad flake, and pinch of 1/8" (yes that big) black flake for bed fishing.  If you have big shad you can just leave out the black for later summer waking in the mornings.  

I like the look.  How does it swim?  

Edited by Bob La Londe

Put a little weight forward belly weight in that swim bait, and wake it thru the tulies.  YOU WILL GET YOUR ARM BROKE BY A TOAD.  If you position the weight just right it will nose down into a bed when you see one and let it drop.  Be ready to set the hook FAST & HARD.  If you have crappie in your local waters try making some with a tiny dash of pearl powder, a big dash of shad flake, and pinch of 1/8" (yes that big) black flake for bed fishing.  If you have big shad you can just leave out the black for later summer waking in the mornings.  

I like the look.  How does it swim?

I used a 11/O hook and slid a 3/8 oz bass caster sinker on the hook. Then I poured the plastic in the mold. It swims great and dives at the nose. When I start pouring with new plastic I'll make a YouTube and post it. I couldn't upload the vid from my phone. Thanks for the color idea. Yeah we have shad and crappie. I can't wait to take it to Lake Guntersville.