SLT785

Custom Baits Magazine, An E-Magazine

I agree with Bob.  You will have to show me what you have before I give up my email.  They don't even tell you what they are going to do with your email before you give it to them.  You might be signing up for an E-mag and 1000 other things. 

Reminds me of a recent event, "you'll have to pass the bill before you can see what's in it!"  How about letting a non-member browse some articles, etc. before sign-up.  Just sayin'

I see the "subscribe or else" popup is back.  That's it for me - Over and out!

SLT et al - maybe it's benign to ask for the email address, maybe not.  A lot of folks won't tolerate that behavior - including me.  Trusting sites on the internet is dead dead dead.

• Like 1

I see the "subscribe or else" popup is back.  That's it for me - Over and out!

SLT et al - maybe it's benign to ask for the email address, maybe not.  A lot of folks won't tolerate that behavior - including me.  Trusting sites on the internet is dead dead dead.

Heard it in a love song,

Can't be wrong!

I guess now it's, read it on the internet, can't be wrong.

Too many ways to get screwed electronically nowadays.

For me to send everyone the magazine one by one will be to time consuming. Saronaya to that! I pay for the feature to make it easier for me for Im a one man show, so Im using it. The email is simply to subscribe so that the new issues get send to you by email once they are publish. NO ONE will receive any SPAM at all. I don't give emails away to anyone. As a matter of fact I don't even see them. 

If you get a message stating that you don't have permission its because your trying to view it in a mobile or Ipad. I don't have the money to pay for that, and I hope that with in time I get enough advertisers to help pay for it. 

I would like to thank all of my subscribers and all you that have pushed the magazine. Im truly grateful.

Chuy Jr.  

If you get a message stating that you don't have permission its because your trying to view it in a mobile or Ipad. I don't have the money to pay for that, and I hope that with in time I get enough advertisers to help pay for it.

Chuy Jr.

Is there a way around the joom link?.... Maybe someone who has the PDF could email it to the mobile users?

I finally checked it out.  It is not a bad read.  Although there are a couple small pieces of information about building your own stuff it is more geared towards showcasing custom lure builders products that are for sale.  In other words it is more to help those looking to buy custom lures and not so much to help you make custom lures, but it is still a good read.  Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

If you don't like signing up for an email you could follow "Custom Baits Magazine" on Face Book and you will get the same notification when a new edition comes out.

Thanks again Chuy for another great edition of "Custom Baits Magazine".  Chuy is giving a lot and asking for nothing in return, he deserves the support of this group.

I can't look at the magazine cause i don't have a working pc but i did check out a review on YouTube. It looks really good and i happen to even see one of my baits in there which i didn't even know about. Pretty cool.

This is the PDF link for the first issue. We tested it with Iphones and tablets and it worked. Try and see if it works for you. 

http://www.joomag.com/Frontend/WebService/downloadPDF.php?UID=0886881001425949088

This is the PDF link for the first issue. We tested it with Iphones and tablets and it worked. Try and see if it works for you.

http://www.joomag.com/Frontend/WebService/downloadPDF.php?UID=0886881001425949088

Thanks soooooo much for that link ......... You sir are truly talented. It's the best mag I've seen in a while. My only point before was that if there is not a way to see it using a mobile device, you would severely limit your viewing which would limit your advertising dollars. The PDF will allow it to be viewed on tablets. I hope you will continue that format because I love your mag. ........ Thanks Edited by rhahn427
  • Like 1

Stretcher66 - The object here is to stay off the spam email lists, there is no other reason that I can think of for not signing.

Once you are on the list, you are going to receive spam for a couple of years at least, as the list gets sold to every underworld scumbag on the globe. Fortunately, I think I am only on one list, as my spam comes on short waves on 2 or 3 spams per day for a few days and then it goes quiet, until the list is sold again. This is after three years of being on a list. I am hoping the list becomes old and no longer gets sold, or the list may get split up onto other lists and it will all start again with 10 to 20 spams per day.

I have several emails that I use for different things, but I only sign up for things from this one email, and I only receive spam to this email. If I was starting again, I would have one email account purely for public use, but I missed that boat.

If I am going to sign for something, it has to be something that I really want or need, not something that is mildly interesting. It is a question of risk. Yes in this case I would say the risk is low, but so is my want and need.

Dave

• Like 1