Skimpy

How To Make Senkos Video

Good job on the vid and great producing.

Shows people how much you need to stir.

Very surprised with that large mold you dont need a sprue extender or to top off numerous times as it sucks down.

That much salt seams crazy too. 

Edited by MonteSS

Hey good video Skimpy. I wish I seen something like this when I first started. There are two things that you do that I need to start doing. You are standing up and you have a jacket on. I'm not sure if you are wearing that because you are cold but that would protect your arm and because you are standing you are not going to drop hot plastic on your lap. I like to sit while I am doing that because I am kind of tall but I should stand anyway. The only reason I bring that up because the other topic about getting burned. I have one question though what hardness of plastic are you using?

Great video.  One thing it told me for sure was I did everything wrong.  LOL

Of course, I didn't inject or "shoot"......as some of you guys call it.......mine were all hand poured, but I poured with no respirator, no gloves, no eye wear, and usually wearing shorts and a tank top.  :wacko:

Thanks everybody !!!

@MonteeSS- It holds the perfect amount so didn't need to top off too much!!!  I know 1/2 of salt per 1 cup of  plastic is a bit much but I've tried a bit more and a bit less and doesn't work the way I like it. 1/2 is perfect for me ! also adding 1/4 cup of softner

@Big Ray- I always stand and always wear long sleeves. Better safe than sorry. I wear a respirator, glasses, gloves, have a fan blowing and keep the shed door open. At first I didn't but had a few close calls and little burns so I learned my lesson.  Right now im using Do-It's soft plastic. I've tried others but I like the Do-it's.

@Bob La Londe- I  use 1/2 cup of salt per 1 cup of plastic and 1/4 cup of softener. Works great !!!  I guess with the sinking plastic a little less salt would work. TO get the sink rate I want 1/2 cup works for me.

Yeah I agree with basspatrol. And thanks Skimpy I use the same formula as you. That is why I was wondering what hardness of plastic you were using because I use Baitjunkys soft and add the same amount of salt and softener as you. I just started adding the softener and I think that my stick baits come out way better than without it.

I haven't tried Do its plastic yet. So far I have bought a gallon of Lurecrafts soft and Baitjunkys soft. I noticed that Lurecrafts plastic floats when you don't put any salt in it and Baitjunkys seems to slowly sink on its own. The fact that it sinks would not be a problem with stick baits so I say you should probably try it out one day. One of the things that I like is that it is not that expensive.

YYeah but as it cools it has to suck in more plastic or the sprue will go hollow and you get hollow heads in the baits

I have t had this issue yet, but haven't used the mold too much. I will definitely start to top off just in case. Thanks for the pointer !!!!!!

YYeah but as it cools it has to suck in more plastic or the sprue will go hollow and you get hollow heads in the baits

I have t had this issue yet, but haven't used the mold too much. I will definitely start to top off just in case. Thanks for the pointer !!!!!!